DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Problem with Admiral dishwasher DWD1500 (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/226481-problem-admiral-dishwasher-dwd1500.html)

Andrew Webber December 17th 07 05:31 PM

Problem with Admiral dishwasher DWD1500

Our Admiral DWD1500 has stopped and won't start again.

We opened the door mid-cycle. Have done this many times, and it
always starts up again when the door is closed. There are two LEDs
blinking on the front panel: "ON" and "CYCLE" (Normal). We thought it
might be the latch because nothing happens when we close the door.

Most of the buttons are still functional, e.g. I can set it to 2hr 4hr
or 6hr delay, but the CANCEL button doesn't seem to repond.

Can anyone suggest a DIY solution? It's within the 5yr parts warranty
but outside the 1yr labour warranty.

Thanks!
=aw
andrew ]
--
for PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject

Jerry December 17th 07 08:39 PM

On Dec 17, 10:31 am, Andrew Webber wrote:

Most of the buttons are still functional, e.g. I can set it to 2hr 4hr
or 6hr delay, but the CANCEL button doesn't seem to repond.

Can anyone suggest a DIY solution? It's within the 5yr parts warranty
but outside the 1yr labour warranty.

Have you tried the general purpose "reset" for anything electronic?
Unplug it for a few hours then plug it back in.

Jerry