Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction,alt.architecture,alt.home.repair
Don Don is offline

Default Large and cheap plywood near Coventry, RI

"N Hurst" wrote
On Dec 13, 8:29 am, RicodJour wrote:
From Craigslist:http://providence.craigslist.org/mat/507255077.html
I have about 600 sheets of 5x12 plywood 5/8 thick Im selling it for
$5.00 a sheet these are brand new not used if you figure the square
footage it equals just as much as 2 4x8 sheets put together you can
purchase as much or as little as you want delivery available call
rocky (401)269-9934

Man, I wish I had a project for it and lived a bit nearer!

I could cover all the walls in my shop for less than $50 with that
stuff... yeesh

If that stuff was close by, I'd scarf up about 100 sheets right now.
I'd finish out the shop interior and bank the rest.
Wonder how someone ends up with that much surplus of a special order
product?

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction,alt.architecture,alt.home.repair

Don wrote:
"N Hurst" wrote
On Dec 13, 8:29 am, RicodJour wrote:
From
Craigslist:http://providence.craigslist.org/mat/507255077.html
I have about 600 sheets of 5x12 plywood 5/8 thick Im selling it
for
$5.00 a sheet these are brand new not used if you figure the
square
footage it equals just as much as 2 4x8 sheets put together you
can
purchase as much or as little as you want delivery available call
rocky (401)269-9934

Man, I wish I had a project for it and lived a bit nearer!

I could cover all the walls in my shop for less than $50 with that
stuff... yeesh

If that stuff was close by, I'd scarf up about 100 sheets right now.
I'd finish out the shop interior and bank the rest.
Wonder how someone ends up with that much surplus of a special order
product?

Read the ad very carefully. The one here says "plywood" but the on
one Craigslist says "plywood" in the header and "particle board" in
the body. If it was plywood I'd be sorely tempted to rent a truck and
take a drive over, but for particle board, nahhh. . . .

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction,alt.architecture,alt.home.repair
Don Don is offline

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Dec 13, 1:24 pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:
Don wrote:
[...]

That's really odd - you're the second person to mention the particle
board, but I just checked back and the listing still shows 5/8" 'thik'
plywood - mentioned in the title and in the body of the listing.
Probably worth a call for someone to verify. If I were building a
house, I'd grab it for a nice upgrade/downprice for the roof and wall
sheathing.

Ya'll talkin about 2 different ads?

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction,alt.architecture,alt.home.repair

Don wrote:
[...]

Refresh the page. The one with "plywood" is probably cached in your
browser.