Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Gaudy EMT

Last week I noticed a new counter display at my electrical
distributor...bright colored EMT tubing. Logical purpose for it is
likely color coding conduit runs, for example in computer server
areas. But I wondered whether anyone has picked up on this as a craft
item for making patio tables or some such. Conduit bending tools are
so reasonable and the skill is so easily acquired that there could be
a lot of neat things one could do with it. I thought of redoing the
workshop wiring in bright red and running blue to the beer fridge, but
SWMBO was cool to the notion. Any better ideas out there?

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 11:32:33 -0800 (PST), Joe wrote:

Last week I noticed a new counter display at my electrical
distributor...bright colored EMT tubing. Logical purpose for it is
likely color coding conduit runs, for example in computer server
areas. But I wondered whether anyone has picked up on this as a craft
item for making patio tables or some such. Conduit bending tools are
so reasonable and the skill is so easily acquired that there could be
a lot of neat things one could do with it. I thought of redoing the
workshop wiring in bright red and running blue to the beer fridge, but
SWMBO was cool to the notion. Any better ideas out there?

Joe

That's why they sell spray paint !!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Jeepwolf wrote:

snip

That's why they sell spray paint !!!!!

EMT is galvanized, and that makes spray paint an iffy proposition.
Besides, why spend more money to do what's already done better?

Joe