Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question about Hansgrohe 06116

Hi,

I'm looking to by a nice shower set and I found one that is relatively
economical: Hansgrohe 06116. I was wondering if someone could comment
on this set.

In particular, I'd like to know
1. Which of the fixtures can be on at the same time or is it all one
at a time?
2. Is thermobalance the same as thermostatic?
3. Does "2-Jet handshower" mean 2 settings?
4. Is it a good brand and is this a good (reliable) set.

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron Fude
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sorry I don't have time to look this up, but I have 2 hansgrohe shower
valves in my master shower and they are great. you can set the temp
once. ever. Like I haven't touched it in a year.

Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking to by a nice shower set and I found one that is relatively
economical: Hansgrohe 06116. I was wondering if someone could comment
on this set.

In particular, I'd like to know
1. Which of the fixtures can be on at the same time or is it all one
at a time?
2. Is thermobalance the same as thermostatic?
3. Does "2-Jet handshower" mean 2 settings?
4. Is it a good brand and is this a good (reliable) set.

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron Fude

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to yourname, MMagoo wrote:
none wrote:

Sorry I don't have time to look this up, but I have 2 hansgrohe shower
valves in my master shower and they are great. you can set the temp
once. ever. Like I haven't touched it in a year.

You are able to have the overhead shower and the jets going at the same
time. The handheld shower always operates solo -- neither the overhead nor
the jets can be on when the handheld is operating.

The water temperature control in our shower has stopped working twice. The
first time we replaced it. Now we just know that cold means hot and hot
means cold -- it still works, but it did have two issues.

Now the hand held shower mount in two bahrooms have broken, leaving
nothing for hanging the handheld. The mount has a plastic component which
simply wears out. In looking for a replacement, so far, it seems we'd have
to purchase the entire handheld device just to replace the crappy plastic
mount.

We've had the two showers and the fixtures for 9 years. By the way, a
Hansgrohe stopper in one sink, which likely was not used very often since
it was in the hall bathroom, broke several years ago. It will be replaced
in about a week (as will all the Hansgrohe in that bathroom). In selecting
new fixtures for a powder room, a kitchen sink, and now the hall bathroom,
I have not even looked at, or considered, Hansgrohe.

Hansgrohe Shower Head: Removing flow restrictor Thomas G. Marshall Home Ownership 4 November 12th 19 08:54 AM
Hansgrohe Mixer - Non Return Valve on Hot Water Feed? thescullster UK diy 9 July 8th 07 09:57 AM
Hansgrohe Shower Head: Removing flow restrictor Thomas G. Marshall Home Repair 3 June 11th 06 06:07 AM
Hansgrohe mixer tap Andy MCR UK diy 6 February 16th 06 01:33 PM
FA: Hansgrohe Pharo Prestige Sensotronic Shower Panel Justin Savage Home Ownership 0 September 24th 04 12:26 AM