Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wiring to parking brake

The parking brake on my old rusty Ford F250 pickup truck quit working
and the truck rolled down my driveway and took out my garage door, and
flattened the tail on the neighbors cat. I was really ****ed. So was
the cat. I called my uncle who was a mechanic in the 60's. He's kind
of senile these days and has alzheimers. Yet there are days he still
knows exactly how to fix any car or truck. He said "the the the the
the brake brake probably has has bad wiring or wires or wiring and it
is not not getting enough juice" Then he said "check check check in
the rear the rear of the cycle but do the repair in the front near the
brakes, in the front near the brakes, and be sure the brake lines
lines lines are wired and wired".

He was right, I found two wires hanging under there. One is red the
other is black. I took off the tires and connected the red wire to
the left brake line and the black to the right line. Then I put the
tires back on the truck but I reversed them, putting the right tire on
the left and left on right. When I started the truck there was a big
flash and smoke came pouring out from under the truck. Then this clear
oily water stuff came out from the left brake line and when I checked
the wires the red one turned black. I'm confused. I thought maybe I
reversed the black and red wire but now that they are both black, what
should I do? And what about this water stuff leaking from the brake
line? do I need to duck tape it, or just not worry about it? Is the
juice my uncle was talking about?

If this isn't bad enough, now the truck wont start and none of the
lights or radio or horn or nothing works. What did I do wrong? Did
this all happen because I reversed the tires? By the way, what are
brake lines?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
wrote:

[...]

None of this would've happened if you'd had a Chevy.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 26, 11:38 pm, Smitty Two wrote:

snip

None of this would've happened if you'd had a Chevy.

True...it would just sit there, 'like a rock'...

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 27, 12:28 am, wrote:
[...]

man, you are really funny. that was hilarious. you should be a stand
up comedian.
you are really just so funny. really. you are. really. keep sharing.

Parking Pad Jim Home Repair 9 August 12th 06 08:19 PM
Finger brake vs. press brake Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 12 May 28th 06 04:29 PM
OT. Parking David Lang UK diy 74 May 30th 05 05:56 PM
preventing parking markzoom UK diy 78 April 21st 05 09:57 PM
Parking Bays Magician UK diy 17 February 21st 05 09:45 AM