Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Steel entry door

My home has a steel entry door that is 21yrs in use. Question:
does/can/will the insulation between the steel panels deteriorate over
time? I know my hearing isn't getting better as I age, so I'm wondering
if the insulation has failed. The sidewalk is 30' from the door and I
hear the 'goingson' clearly/loudly. The door is well-sealed against
air-drafts. If I put my ear to the inside panel, it's like a
speaker.....

Would a fibreglass door be a better choice for sound attenuation?
Thanks for any ideas/advice.

Dave S(Texas)

Door Entry System - Aluminium Door John UK diy 8 October 30th 07 10:04 PM
Entry Door Charles Bishop Home Repair 4 May 12th 07 05:31 AM
entry door Tony Pacc Home Repair 3 July 28th 06 07:42 PM
Fiberglass vs. steel entry doors? Al Bundy Home Repair 12 June 13th 05 01:28 PM
door entry system Cuprager UK diy 4 February 25th 05 12:42 AM