DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What size air compressor (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/222065-what-size-air-compressor.html)

[email protected] November 21st 07 07:37 PM

What size air compressor

What size air compressor should I purchase to blow out an inground
pools water lines. Also to blow out an outside water line that runs
under ground and approximately 70 feet slightly uphill to a water
faucet used by the pool.

[email protected] November 21st 07 09:32 PM

What size air compressor

what size is the line

Edwin Pawlowski November 22nd 07 12:40 AM

What size air compressor

wrote in message
What size air compressor should I purchase to blow out an inground
pools water lines. Also to blow out an outside water line that runs
under ground and approximately 70 feet slightly uphill to a water
faucet used by the pool.

Any small one with a 3 to 5 gallon tank will do. You only have a couple of
hundred cubic inches of tubing to fill and even a small compressor will give
you all the pressure you need.

Smitty Two November 25th 07 02:07 AM

What size air compressor

In article ,
"SteveB" wrote:

wrote in message
What size air compressor should I purchase to blow out an inground
pools water lines. Also to blow out an outside water line that runs
under ground and approximately 70 feet slightly uphill to a water
faucet used by the pool.

Most anything will do. Since it doesn't have to hold pressure for long
periods of time, a used one would suffice. Shop around. DO NOT buy an
oilless. They are obnoxiously noisy and wear out quickly. You should be
able to get a good used one pretty cheap.

Steve

Correction: Do not buy a cheap oilless. The expensive oilless are fine.