Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What size air compressor

What size air compressor should I purchase to blow out an inground
pools water lines. Also to blow out an outside water line that runs
under ground and approximately 70 feet slightly uphill to a water
faucet used by the pool.
Posted to alt.home.repair

what size is the line

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
What size air compressor should I purchase to blow out an inground
pools water lines. Also to blow out an outside water line that runs
under ground and approximately 70 feet slightly uphill to a water
faucet used by the pool.

Any small one with a 3 to 5 gallon tank will do. You only have a couple of
hundred cubic inches of tubing to fill and even a small compressor will give
you all the pressure you need.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"SteveB" wrote:

wrote in message
What size air compressor should I purchase to blow out an inground
pools water lines. Also to blow out an outside water line that runs
under ground and approximately 70 feet slightly uphill to a water
faucet used by the pool.

Most anything will do. Since it doesn't have to hold pressure for long
periods of time, a used one would suffice. Shop around. DO NOT buy an
oilless. They are obnoxiously noisy and wear out quickly. You should be
able to get a good used one pretty cheap.

Steve

Correction: Do not buy a cheap oilless. The expensive oilless are fine.