Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tying Wood Stove Into Radiators?

Allright, open to flaming, but I have to ask this question.

If I put a wood stove in the basement, right near to the burner/boiler, and somehow capture
the heat from the wood stove possibly with copper tubing around the outside (or inside??)
could I pump this thru my existing radiators after changing the plumbing so the boiler was
not connected??

Thanks, John
Posted to alt.home.repair

"John" wrote in message
news
Allright, open to flaming, but I have to ask this question.

If I put a wood stove in the basement, right near to the burner/boiler,
and somehow capture
the heat from the wood stove possibly with copper tubing around the
outside (or inside??)
could I pump this thru my existing radiators after changing the plumbing
so the boiler was
not connected??

Thanks, John

Sure. You don't want the tubing inside where it would be melting solder
joints and making steam though. Probably would make more sense (and be
safer) to buy a wood fired boiler and hook it into the system.

You want an aquastat to turn on a circulator once the water reaches a given
temperature even if you don't need heat so that you prevent overheating. It
must also incorporate a pressure relief valve to.