DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Thirteen-lined ground squirrels (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/220825-thirteen-lined-ground-squirrels.html)

Mitch@... November 12th 07 03:21 PM

Thirteen-lined ground squirrels

The population in my back yard has exploded.
I live in northern Illinois, and I they they are hibernating now.

Should I run a hose out there and try to drown them, or will they just
wake up and run away?

And out of curiousity, when they burrow, do they carry the dirt away
and deposit it in the same location? I found a mysterious pile of dirt
in the yard.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN November 12th 07 05:56 PM

Meat Plow wrote:
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:21:02 +0000, Mitch wrote:

The population in my back yard has exploded.
I live in northern Illinois, and I they they are hibernating now.

Should I run a hose out there and try to drown them, or will they just
wake up and run away?

And out of curiousity, when they burrow, do they carry the dirt away
and deposit it in the same location? I found a mysterious pile of dirt
in the yard.

Wait until they wake up and shoot them.

Hit 'em at dawn before the *******s expect it.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

M Q November 12th 07 06:58 PM

Mitch@... wrote:

The population in my back yard has exploded.
I live in northern Illinois, and I they they are hibernating now.

Should I run a hose out there and try to drown them, or will they just
wake up and run away?

And out of curiousity, when they burrow, do they carry the dirt away
and deposit it in the same location? I found a mysterious pile of dirt
in the yard.

Careful! w_tom is going to jump in about his
philosophy / religion about using 13 EGCs for earthing squirrels.

Phisherman November 12th 07 11:18 PM

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:21:02 GMT, Mitch@... wrote:

The population in my back yard has exploded.
I live in northern Illinois, and I they they are hibernating now.

Should I run a hose out there and try to drown them, or will they just
wake up and run away?

And out of curiousity, when they burrow, do they carry the dirt away
and deposit it in the same location? I found a mysterious pile of dirt
in the yard.

Squirrels don't hibernate and they don't dug holes. They build nests
high in the trees and hide food in various locations for winter food.
That's why some folks call them "tree rats."

Bumpy November 12th 07 11:52 PM

Thirteen-lined ground squirrels

Go get some rat traps and bait the traps with
good gooey peanut butter... no they don't need
JIF, any cheap stuff will do!

HeyBub[_2_] November 12th 07 11:55 PM

Phisherman wrote:
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:21:02 GMT, Mitch@... wrote:

The population in my back yard has exploded.
I live in northern Illinois, and I they they are hibernating now.

Should I run a hose out there and try to drown them, or will they
just wake up and run away?

And out of curiousity, when they burrow, do they carry the dirt away
and deposit it in the same location? I found a mysterious pile of
dirt in the yard.

Squirrels don't hibernate and they don't dug holes. They build nests
high in the trees and hide food in various locations for winter food.
That's why some folks call them "tree rats."

It's a kind of chipmunk.

M Q November 13th 07 01:07 AM

http://icwdm.org/handbook/rodents/13...ndsquirrel.asp

dicko November 14th 07 12:46 AM

Mitch@... wrote:

The population in my back yard has exploded.
I live in northern Illinois, and I they they are hibernating now.

Should I run a hose out there and try to drown them, or will they just
wake up and run away?

And out of curiousity, when they burrow, do they carry the dirt away
and deposit it in the same location? I found a mysterious pile of dirt
in the yard.

You need "The Rodenator"!

Video
http://www.rodenator.com/media/edmeyerpromo.avi

Main Site
http://www.rodenator.com/

Seriously, Use a rat trap, bait it with sunflower seeds.

-dickm