Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thirteen-lined ground squirrels

The population in my back yard has exploded.
I live in northern Illinois, and I they they are hibernating now.

Should I run a hose out there and try to drown them, or will they just
wake up and run away?

And out of curiousity, when they burrow, do they carry the dirt away
and deposit it in the same location? I found a mysterious pile of dirt
in the yard.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Meat Plow wrote:
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:21:02 +0000, Mitch wrote:

The population in my back yard has exploded.
I live in northern Illinois, and I they they are hibernating now.

Should I run a hose out there and try to drown them, or will they just
wake up and run away?

And out of curiousity, when they burrow, do they carry the dirt away
and deposit it in the same location? I found a mysterious pile of dirt
in the yard.

Wait until they wake up and shoot them.

Hit 'em at dawn before the *******s expect it.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
M Q M Q is offline

Mitch@... wrote:

The population in my back yard has exploded.
I live in northern Illinois, and I they they are hibernating now.

Should I run a hose out there and try to drown them, or will they just
wake up and run away?

And out of curiousity, when they burrow, do they carry the dirt away
and deposit it in the same location? I found a mysterious pile of dirt
in the yard.

Careful! w_tom is going to jump in about his
philosophy / religion about using 13 EGCs for earthing squirrels.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:21:02 GMT, Mitch@... wrote:

The population in my back yard has exploded.
I live in northern Illinois, and I they they are hibernating now.

Should I run a hose out there and try to drown them, or will they just
wake up and run away?

And out of curiousity, when they burrow, do they carry the dirt away
and deposit it in the same location? I found a mysterious pile of dirt
in the yard.

Squirrels don't hibernate and they don't dug holes. They build nests
high in the trees and hide food in various locations for winter food.
That's why some folks call them "tree rats."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Go get some rat traps and bait the traps with
good gooey peanut butter... no they don't need
JIF, any cheap stuff will do!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Phisherman wrote:
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:21:02 GMT, Mitch@... wrote:

The population in my back yard has exploded.
I live in northern Illinois, and I they they are hibernating now.

Should I run a hose out there and try to drown them, or will they
just wake up and run away?

And out of curiousity, when they burrow, do they carry the dirt away
and deposit it in the same location? I found a mysterious pile of
dirt in the yard.

Squirrels don't hibernate and they don't dug holes. They build nests
high in the trees and hide food in various locations for winter food.
That's why some folks call them "tree rats."

It's a kind of chipmunk.

Posted to alt.home.repair
M Q M Q is offline

Mitch@... wrote:

The population in my back yard has exploded.
I live in northern Illinois, and I they they are hibernating now.

Should I run a hose out there and try to drown them, or will they just
wake up and run away?

And out of curiousity, when they burrow, do they carry the dirt away
and deposit it in the same location? I found a mysterious pile of dirt
in the yard.

http://icwdm.org/handbook/rodents/13...ndsquirrel.asp

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mitch@... wrote:

The population in my back yard has exploded.
I live in northern Illinois, and I they they are hibernating now.

Should I run a hose out there and try to drown them, or will they just
wake up and run away?

And out of curiousity, when they burrow, do they carry the dirt away
and deposit it in the same location? I found a mysterious pile of dirt
in the yard.

You need "The Rodenator"!

Video
http://www.rodenator.com/media/edmeyerpromo.avi

Main Site
http://www.rodenator.com/

Seriously, Use a rat trap, bait it with sunflower seeds.

-dickm

Dry lined wall fixings tamtb UK diy 4 August 14th 06 08:05 PM
Dry Lined Wall Fixings tamtb UK diy 3 July 11th 06 05:32 PM
magnetic cupboard catch lined up jw 1111 Home Repair 4 March 28th 06 06:21 PM
Any combis that can use a lined chimney as a flue? Dave UK diy 6 January 24th 06 04:17 PM
What is a suitably lined chimney Jon W UK diy 11 October 24th 04 10:25 AM