DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   critters eating insulation? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/218709-critters-eating-insulation.html)

pak October 25th 07 03:39 AM

critters eating insulation?

anyone ever run into any type of animal /critter that could be tearing down
and chewing the R 19 insulation in my crawl space. entire house is built
over a crawl space. R19 is used to insulate the floor of living space.

Roger Taylor[_2_] October 25th 07 05:31 AM

critters eating insulation?

Probably rats, tearing it up to make nests.
They don't eat it.
Check for holes/passages into crawl space.

CJT October 26th 07 01:37 AM

pak wrote:

anyone ever run into any type of animal /critter that could be tearing
down and chewing the R 19 insulation in my crawl space. entire house is
built over a crawl space. R19 is used to insulate the floor of living
space.

Lots of critters, even insects, like it for their nests.