DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Adhesive for shower enclosure door (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/218517-adhesive-shower-enclosure-door.html)

Photon713 October 23rd 07 04:32 PM

Adhesive for shower enclosure door

Can anyone recommend an adhesive that attaches a shower
door to a tub? A portion of the installation causes the door to
sit directly on the tub. Tub and tile sealer does not hold the door
solidly in place. Consequently, after a month or so, water leaks
out under the door where the sealer has failed. Anyone solve a
similar problem? BTW: I would have to remove the enclosure
to add additional adhesive under the shower enclosure, something
that I'm hoping not to do. I would prefer to find a adhesive around
the edge of the enclosure to hold it in place.

Brian V October 23rd 07 04:57 PM

"Photon713" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend an adhesive that attaches a shower
door to a tub? A portion of the installation causes the door to
sit directly on the tub. Tub and tile sealer does not hold the door
solidly in place. Consequently, after a month or so, water leaks
out under the door where the sealer has failed. Anyone solve a
similar problem? BTW: I would have to remove the enclosure
to add additional adhesive under the shower enclosure, something
that I'm hoping not to do. I would prefer to find a adhesive around
the edge of the enclosure to hold it in place.

You have to remove the rails. A bead of silicone or similar is placed UNDER
the rail to hold it in place. You can them put a bead of silicone on the
edges of the rail to aid water shed.

Bob M. October 23rd 07 06:43 PM

Adhesive for shower enclosure door

"Brian V" wrote in message
. ..

"Photon713" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend an adhesive that attaches a shower
door to a tub? A portion of the installation causes the door to
sit directly on the tub. Tub and tile sealer does not hold the door
solidly in place. Consequently, after a month or so, water leaks
out under the door where the sealer has failed. Anyone solve a
similar problem? BTW: I would have to remove the enclosure
to add additional adhesive under the shower enclosure, something
that I'm hoping not to do. I would prefer to find a adhesive around
the edge of the enclosure to hold it in place.

You have to remove the rails. A bead of silicone or similar is placed
UNDER the rail to hold it in place. You can them put a bead of silicone on
the edges of the rail to aid water shed.

Agreed, and for best seal, first clean the areas to be covered in silicone
with alcohol.