DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/218437-aaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhh.html)

[email protected] October 23rd 07 01:11 AM

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

Hey there Gang,

OK, I'm new to the gas fireplace thing............So, I am trying to
light it, and it's not working. I checked my gas/propane tank , and I
have about 75%. I am not hearing gas come in. PLEASE help!!!

Thanks,
Roo

Joe October 23rd 07 01:25 AM

On Oct 22, 7:11 pm, wrote:
Hey there Gang,

OK, I'm new to the gas fireplace thing............So, I am trying to
light it, and it's not working. I checked my gas/propane tank , and I
have about 75%. I am not hearing gas come in. PLEASE help!!!

Thanks,
Roo

Are all the appropriate valves open? Is your gas regulator (if any)
set properly? HTH

Joe

JoeSpareBedroom October 23rd 07 04:55 AM

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey there Gang,

OK, I'm new to the gas fireplace thing............So, I am trying to
light it, and it's not working. I checked my gas/propane tank , and I
have about 75%. I am not hearing gas come in. PLEASE help!!!

Thanks,
Roo

This may be totally irrelevant, but I have a small portable gas grill that's
normally used with the little tanks you take camping. I bought a hose to
adapt the grill to a big propane tank. The hose had a tag attached which
said to open the valve on the propane tank, but leave the grill's control
OFF for 5 minutes, or some sort of safety device would block the flow of
gas. Naturally, I didn't read the tag the first time, and as expected, the
thing wouldn't light and there was much cursing.

Any tags you haven't read, maybe?

Zyp October 23rd 07 07:18 PM

wrote:
Hey there Gang,

OK, I'm new to the gas fireplace thing............So, I am trying to
light it, and it's not working. I checked my gas/propane tank , and I
have about 75%. I am not hearing gas come in. PLEASE help!!!

Thanks,
Roo

Your problem is likely a spider has blocked the burner orfice and prevents
the gas from entering the burner. You should contact a fireplace repair
company to remove, dismantle, and clean your log lighter. Especially since
you are dealing with LP [heavier than air]. LP can lay low in the fireplace
and when you least expect it.... boom.

--
Zyp