Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Default Burnham MPO boiler - strange temperature behavior

Dear Readers,
My Burnham MPO boiler was installed in August. I've an indirect water
heater attached as well. The domestic hot water works fine and heats
up on demand as expected. Now that heating season has begun, I find
hydronic system with very very weak heat output. The new circulator
is running fine. The manual says there is a 15degree differential
between the "high limit setting" and a call for boiler ignition. I
see the high limit is set at 200F. I raise the thermostat to call for
heat, but I watch the boiler thermometer go down to under 90deg F and
never come on. The only way it does come on is if I run the hot water
too.

Any ideas or suggestions on what is wrong would be appreciated.

Regards,
Anthony Falcone

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

wrote in message
ups.com...
Dear Readers,
My Burnham MPO boiler was installed in August. I've an indirect water
heater attached as well. The domestic hot water works fine and heats
up on demand as expected. Now that heating season has begun, I find
hydronic system with very very weak heat output. The new circulator
is running fine. The manual says there is a 15degree differential
between the "high limit setting" and a call for boiler ignition. I
see the high limit is set at 200F. I raise the thermostat to call for
heat, but I watch the boiler thermometer go down to under 90deg F and
never come on. The only way it does come on is if I run the hot water
too.

Any ideas or suggestions on what is wrong would be appreciated.

Regards,
Anthony Falcone

What's the installing dealer have to say?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

What's the installing dealer have to say?-

He's, literally, unresposive. May have gone out of business, or may
be exceedingly unprofessional to not reply after 3 phone calls over
the course of a month.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Air in the system?- Hide quoted text -

I bled everything more than once. Don't think that's the case as I
hear the circulator running smoothly with water.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Call nother dealr for warranty service

On Oct 17, 5:44 am, wrote:
Air in the system?- Hide quoted text -

I bled everything more than once. Don't think that's the case as I
hear the circulator running smoothly with water.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
RBM RBM is offline

It sounds like the indirect is the only control wired to fire the boiler.
For the boiler to maintain tank temperature, it should have a control on it
with two settings. High limit cutout, and low limit cut in. Some boilers
only have a high limit cutout. These are cold start boilers. They depend on
a control circuit from the indirect's aquastat and the circulator relay's
auxiliary switch, to fire the boiler. It's possible that the heating part of
the system wasn't properly connected to do this. Not knowing the controls
you have on the boiler, I can only make these assumptions, but if you could
provide pictures, I'm sure I and others can figure this out

wrote in message
ups.com...
Dear Readers,
My Burnham MPO boiler was installed in August. I've an indirect water
heater attached as well. The domestic hot water works fine and heats
up on demand as expected. Now that heating season has begun, I find
hydronic system with very very weak heat output. The new circulator
is running fine. The manual says there is a 15degree differential
between the "high limit setting" and a call for boiler ignition. I
see the high limit is set at 200F. I raise the thermostat to call for
heat, but I watch the boiler thermometer go down to under 90deg F and
never come on. The only way it does come on is if I run the hot water
too.

Any ideas or suggestions on what is wrong would be appreciated.

Regards,
Anthony Falcone

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

wrote in message
ups.com...
What's the installing dealer have to say?-

He's, literally, unresposive. May have gone out of business, or may
be exceedingly unprofessional to not reply after 3 phone calls over
the course of a month.

Call around to the various suppliers for that particular boiler, and tell
them whats going on. Ask them if they know what happened to the installer.
Also ask them who's the best tech they got and go from there.
No its not gonna be free, and probably not gonna be cheap. Just consider it
the offset between the lowest bidder, and having it done by a *competent*,
licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

wrote in message
ups.com...
What's the installing dealer have to say?-

He's, literally, unresposive. May have gone out of business, or may
be exceedingly unprofessional to not reply after 3 phone calls over
the course of a month.

Was he the cheapest guy you could find?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

On Oct 17, 8:44 am, "Noon-Air" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com... What's the installing dealer have to say?-

He's, literally, unresposive. May have gone out of business, or may
be exceedingly unprofessional to not reply after 3 phone calls over
the course of a month.

Call around to the various suppliers for that particular boiler, and tell
them whats going on. Ask them if they know what happened to the installer.
Also ask them who's the best tech they got and go from there.
No its not gonna be free, and probably not gonna be cheap. Just consider it
the offset between the lowest bidder, and having it done by a *competent*,
licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician.

Why not try Burnham first, you have a warranty.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

ups.com...
wrote in message

ups.com... What's

the installing dealer have to say?-

He's, literally, unresposive. May have gone out of business, or may
be exceedingly unprofessional to not reply after 3 phone calls over
the course of a month.

Call around to the various suppliers for that particular boiler, and

tell
them whats going on. Ask them if they know what happened to the

installer.
Also ask them who's the best tech they got and go from there.
No its not gonna be free, and probably not gonna be cheap. Just consider

it
the offset between the lowest bidder, and having it done by a

*competent*,
licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician.

Why not try Burnham first, you have a warranty.

Burnham will refer him to a Dealer, Period.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:1575f$4716447a$9440c41e$13807
@STARBAND.NET:

wrote in message
ups.com...
What's the installing dealer have to say?-

He's, literally, unresposive. May have gone out of business, or may
be exceedingly unprofessional to not reply after 3 phone calls over
the course of a month.

Was he the cheapest guy you could find?

In other words you have nothing to say about helping solve the problem but
you feel free to attack the original poster by assuming that his choice

was
price driven. Most definitely abusive.

Now you'll come back with an attack on me. It never fails. I post and you
dance. You'll just have to dance some more monkey boi. Dance boi, dance.

--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Asking questions is now 'abusive'...
Boy, you're one clueless mother ****er.

I feel like abusing you a little...
What content of your post 'helped' the original poster?

Now you can post a clueless reply as always.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

wrote in message
[...]

Dammit Kenny, quit feeding the trolls

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Meat Plow posted for all of us...

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 02:44:02 -0700, anthonymmfalcone wrote:

What's the installing dealer have to say?-

He's, literally, unresposive. May have gone out of business, or may
be exceedingly unprofessional to not reply after 3 phone calls over
the course of a month.

Take a drive to the dealer's place of business and demand to see him/her.

He should be easy to spot: clapped out bondo Pinto wagon hooptie with used
parts in cardboard box, ladder on roof bigger than hooptie, broken jamb
material and majik undies fluttering from a loose piece of trim.
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

In article , "Noon-Air" wrote:

Dammit Kenny, quit feeding the trolls

And perhaps you could stop reposting this stuff? I have both of those children
killfiled, but your reposting of it managed to get it through the filters.
Thanks.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
et...
In article , "Noon-Air"

wrote:

Dammit Kenny, quit feeding the trolls

And perhaps you could stop reposting this stuff? I have both of those

children
killfiled, but your reposting of it managed to get it through the filters.

Then you're missing KJ's good information. So sad.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

In article , wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. net...
In article , "Noon-Air"

wrote:

Dammit Kenny, quit feeding the trolls

And perhaps you could stop reposting this stuff? I have both of those

children
killfiled, but your reposting of it managed to get it through the filters.

Then you're missing KJ's good information. So sad.

You're right about one thing -- if there's been any good information from kj,
I've missed it.

I think I'll survive.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
wrote in news:9bfe3$47177881$9440c41e$2530
@STARBAND.NET:

wrote:

Dammit Kenny, quit feeding the trolls

And perhaps you could stop reposting this stuff? I have both of those

children
killfiled, but your reposting of it managed to get it through the

filters.

Then you're missing KJ's good information. So sad.

What good infomation? Liquid lines sweat? Ha. The guy is a fraud.

Better watch what you post on Liquid Lines sweating... as you're also
posting your **** in alt.hvac

I'll be sure to let the regulars know this conversion included a mini-split,
Putz.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:9308f$47169b8c$9440c41e$1468
@STARBAND.NET:

wrote in message
[...]

As usual you deny instead of attempting to understand.

It's not my job to understand people with mental problems.
You should seek out a professional psychiatrist.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in
:

wrote:

Dammit Kenny, quit feeding the trolls

And perhaps you could stop reposting this stuff? I have both of
those
children
killfiled, but your reposting of it managed to get it through the

filters.

Then you're missing KJ's good information. So sad.

What good infomation? Liquid lines sweat? Ha. The guy is a fraud.

Better watch what you post on Liquid Lines sweating... as you're also
posting your **** in alt.hvac

I'll be sure to let the regulars know this conversion included a
mini-split, Putz.

It doesn't matter where it's posted, you're still a fraud.

Since when does posting accurate information and pointing out your
inaccuracies qualify one as a fraud?
Ooops, there's that question mark again... sorry for the abusive post. LMAO

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:33eeb$4717f329$9440c41e$26688
@STARBAND.NET:

wrote in message
[...]

As usual you deny instead of attempting to understand. Get help now.
Alternatively you can continue being a dancing monkey boi. I post and you
dance. *It never fails*

Here, here little pet... you want a treat?
Ooops, there it is again. LMAO

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Actually, the original installer came highly recommended by a
neighbor, who has just confirmed that original installer just doesn't
want to have anything to do with followup problems. I'll be
contacting a local Burnham dealer to give it the once over. Thank you
all for your advice.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

wrote in message
oups.com...
Actually, the original installer came highly recommended by a
neighbor, who has just confirmed that original installer just doesn't
want to have anything to do with followup problems. I'll be
contacting a local Burnham dealer to give it the once over. Thank you
all for your advice.

What a way to run a business...

I'll install it... but I won't work on it.
I guess that means he don't have to worry about installation issues... as he
won't fix them anyway.

So SAD!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in
:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Actually, the original installer came highly recommended by a
neighbor, who has just confirmed that original installer just doesn't
want to have anything to do with followup problems. I'll be
contacting a local Burnham dealer to give it the once over. Thank you
all for your advice.

I'll install it... but I won't work on it.

Nice of you to admit you're a fraud. Keep it up dancing monkey boi.

Miss the fact I was talking about his installer?
I'm sorry that you can't keep up with the FACTS.

Here it is again, I'm sure you'll miss the point this time too.

Quote:
What a way to run a business...

I'll install it... but I won't work on it.
I guess that means he don't have to worry about installation issues... as he
won't fix them anyway.

So SAD!!!!!
End Quote:

It must suck to miss the simple things in life, that leaves you hanging in
left field on the more complicated issues.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message

Your so called questions are abusive accusations.

LMAO

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message

As usual you're just a dancing monkey boi. I post and you dance. You can't
escape your abusive posts. Maybe if you ever quit drinking and look at
these posts you'll realize just how pathetic your posts were. Maybe.

Back to the ole 'copy & paste' routine.
What a shame it must be to be clueless.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in

:

"Clark" wrote in message

Your so called questions are abusive accusations.

LMAO

Have you stopped beating your boifriend yet?

Everybody's not a fag, like yourself.

Have you stopped drinking yet?

Everybody's not an alcoholic, like yourself.

Figured it out yet? (of course you can't but I did give you the chance)

There you go again dancing monkey boi. You have no accurate information.
Your so called questions are abusive accusations. You lie to try and cover
your incompentence. It doesn't work, monkey boi.

As usual you're just a dancing monkey boi. I post and you dance. You can't
escape your abusive posts. Maybe if you ever quit drinking and look at
these posts you'll realize just how pathetic your posts were. Maybe.

Copy & Paste

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
wrote in
:

On 19 Oct 2007 22:43:36 GMT, Clark wrote:

Buh by, monkey boi

plonk

Naw, kj is monkey boi.

Nope, you're just hoping to find a new boyfriend.
I'm sorry, I'm not a fag, like yourself.

Bye-Bye

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message

Nice of you to repost your confession of being a fraud. Thanks. Keep it up
dancing monkey boi.

Boy, you sure are one clueless little twit.
Everybody needs someone like yourself as everybody needs a punching bag.

Are you done making yourself look like a complete monkey?
Monkey see, monkey do... if you don't believe me, see Clarky do...

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in

:

"Clark" wrote in message

As usual you're just a dancing monkey boi. I post and you dance. You

can't
escape your abusive posts. Maybe if you ever quit drinking and look at
these posts you'll realize just how pathetic your posts were. Maybe.

Back to the ole 'copy & paste' routine.
What a shame it must be to be clueless.

I know you are but what am I?

As usual you're just a dancing monkey boi. I post and you dance. You can't
escape your abusive posts. Maybe if you ever quit drinking and look at
these posts you'll realize just how pathetic your posts were. Maybe.

More Copy and Paste...
You're so boring that you can take your inaccurate posts and bull**** and
shove them up your ass.
I will no longer reply to your copy & paste, waste of space, bull**** and
lies.
That's all you have, is lies upon lies.
Bye-Bye Fag

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

"Bubba" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 15:32:04 -0500, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Clark" wrote in message
.. .
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in

:

"Clark" wrote in message

[...]

Damn kj.
Its about time you dropped that dead weight. At least the fucquering
idiots I find are interesting assholes. :-)
Clark is about as boring as Ive seen in a long long long time. No
originality in his posts whatsoever. Kiinda like watching paint dry.
Pick an interesting fuque next time. :-)
Bubba

I think his mommy cut his computer time, so he had to copy & paste to save
time. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

In article ,
Clark wrote:

He hasn't learned that playing "last
post" is a stupid game that no one wins.

And you have? The two of you combined have the emotional maturity of a
three year old.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

On Oct 17, 12:16 am, wrote:
Dear Readers,
My Burnham MPO boiler was installed in August. I've an indirect water
heater attached as well. The domestic hot water works fine and heats
up on demand as expected. Now that heating season has begun, I find
hydronic system with very very weak heat output. The new circulator
is running fine. The manual says there is a 15degree differential
between the "high limit setting" and a call for boiler ignition. I
see the high limit is set at 200F. I raise the thermostat to call for
heat, but I watch the boiler thermometer go down to under 90deg F and
never come on. The only way it does come on is if I run the hot water
too.

Any ideas or suggestions on what is wrong would be appreciated.

Regards,
Anthony Falcone

In the end, the DHW was properly wired to the relay. However, the
hydronic heat loop was not so properly wired. Furthermore, there was
a TON of air in the system and we had to bleed it out about 5 times
over 3days.

Thanks very much to all for the advice.
Regards,
-Anthony Falcone

Old Burnham Boiler Shuts Off [email protected] Home Repair 9 February 11th 07 06:22 AM
Strange behavior in a GFI circuit [email protected] Home Repair 11 November 16th 05 05:52 AM
Strange ROS behavior Highland Pairos Woodworking 9 August 14th 05 04:19 AM
Burnham boiler/company problems Tom Home Repair 12 April 1st 05 12:54 PM
Burnham boiler/company problems Tom Home Repair 2 March 31st 05 09:06 PM