Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Idea for sunroom blinds

Hi,
Looking for ideas to window treat my sunroom. This sunroom is build
around the kitchen and there is very little privary. Window frames are
not deep enough to hung regular blinds.
Appreciate if anyone post your ideas or point to a site in Internet
for further research.
Thank you

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dualboot" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
Looking for ideas to window treat my sunroom. This sunroom is build
around the kitchen and there is very little privary. Window frames are
not deep enough to hung regular blinds.
Appreciate if anyone post your ideas or point to a site in Internet
for further research.
Thank you

There may not be enough room for a "true inside mount"; but, about 90% of
the windows out there can be inside mounted.

You need 3/4" of flat surface to the sides and top to mount most 1-2"
horizontal blinds. Those that can not be inside mounted can be attached to
the frame or the wall above. It is all about knowing how to measure and
install.

I have been doing that since 1986 and we be happy to try and help you. I
sell nothing.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

dualboot wrote:
Hi,
Looking for ideas to window treat my sunroom. This sunroom is build
around the kitchen and there is very little privary. Window frames are
not deep enough to hung regular blinds.
Appreciate if anyone post your ideas or point to a site in Internet
for further research.
Thank you

We replaced window treatments on two triple width sliders and another
large window, considered a number of different things. Roman shades are
nice, can be home-made. Some of the bamboo or grass roll-ups are nice,
but some allow a lot to be seen. I considered buying inexpensive bamboo
and applying a fabric lining to the outside for more privacy - haven't
done it but it is doable. Might not even need to stitch it on - there
are spray adhesives that work with fabric but haven't tried those,
either. I ended up making lined draperies - two sets for 11' wide
sliders - which are much too expensive to think about custom-made.

Sliding louvered panels? Vertical blinds? Hang a track on the ceiling
for plain fabric with eyelets for hooks?

Must the sunroom windows afford privacy, rather than just kitchen window
treatment?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 1, 10:01 pm, Norminn wrote:
dualboot wrote:
[...]

Its lot of sunlight after 2 pm and also to keep the enery bill down
in summer I may need this blinds or shades.

I am thinking of outside mount the blinds with 3/4 inch extending each
side of the windows. Then to use the same custom wooden moulding that
used in the ceiling to hide the tracks. I may need to anchor it to the
wall in 2 or 3 places to provide extra support.