Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water bed leak

My sister lives in another state. She says that her water bed is
leaking around a patch that was done earlier.

I think the patch originally stopped the leak, but is now leaking
again.

Would it be better to try to remove the old patch and then patch the
area again or just patch over the patch?

What would make removing the old patch easier?

Thanks for your time

Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry wrote:
My sister lives in another state. She says that her water bed is
leaking around a patch that was done earlier.

I think the patch originally stopped the leak, but is now leaking
again.

Would it be better to try to remove the old patch and then patch the
area again or just patch over the patch?

What would make removing the old patch easier?

Thanks for your time

Once upon a time, as a child, I used to put patch upon patch on bicycle
tyres and learnt about the futility. Time to dispose/ recycle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 28, 6:39 pm, Terry wrote:
My sister lives in another state. She says that her water bed is
leaking around a patch that was done earlier.

I think the patch originally stopped the leak, but is now leaking
again.

Would it be better to try to remove the old patch and then patch the
area again or just patch over the patch?

What would make removing the old patch easier?

Thanks for your time

Did she try any Bar's Leaks in the water bed?

[8~{} Uncle Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 29, 6:13 pm, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sep 28, 6:39 pm, Terry wrote:

My sister lives in another state. She says that her water bed is
leaking around a patch that was done earlier.

I think the patch originally stopped the leak, but is now leaking
again.

Would it be better to try to remove the old patch and then patch the
area again or just patch over the patch?

What would make removing the old patch easier?

Thanks for your time

Did she try any Bar's Leaks in the water bed?

[8~{} Uncle Monster

Reading how Bar's Leaks work, it would seem to me not suited for
waterbed.

One web pages says........
convenience. When Bar's Leaks is added to the cooling system, the
pellets quickly dissolve under heat and circulation, releasing tens of
thousands of individual Rhizex Particles which continually circulate
in suspension throughout

http://www.barsleaks.net/how2works.html

I would be interested if someone has actually successfully tried this,
though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ups.com...
On Sep 28, 6:39 pm, Terry wrote:

[...]

I think (hope?) it was a joke.

A patch attached with aquaseal or urethane caulk might work better to fill the
gap that would normally result where patch covers the old patch edge.

Bob

Water leak :( Nibbled water tank? Neil UK diy 25 November 3rd 06 11:59 PM
Water leak FIXITPLS Home Ownership 9 November 3rd 06 04:50 AM
Sub Zero 550 water leak ronfelli Home Repair 0 November 1st 06 01:43 PM
Sub Zero 550 water leak dbiker Home Repair 0 October 31st 06 02:28 PM
Sub Zero 550 water leak ronfelli Home Repair 0 October 16th 06 04:32 AM