Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ramadan

Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar. Every day
during this month, Muslims around the world spend the daylight hours
in a complete fast.
A. During the blessed month of Ramadan, Muslims all over the world
abstain from food, drink, and other physical needs during the daylight
hours. As a time to purify the soul, refocus attention on God, and
practice self-sacrifice, Ramadan is much more than just not eating and
drinking.
Muslims are called upon to use this month to re-evaluate their lives
in light of Islamic guidance. We are to make peace with those who have
wronged us, strengthen ties with family and friends, do away with bad
habits -- essentially to clean up our lives, our thoughts, and our
feelings. The Arabic word for "fasting" (sawm)literally means "to
refrain" - and it means not only refraining from food and drink, but
from evil actions, thoughts, and words.
During Ramadan, every part of the body must be restrained. The tongue
must be restrained from backbiting and gossip. The eyes must restrain
themselves from looking at unlawful things. The hand must not touch or
take anything that does not belong to it. The ears must refrain from
listening to idle talk or obscene words. The feet must refrain from
going to sinful places. In such a way, every part of the body observes
the fast.
Therefore, fasting is not merely physical, but is rather the total
commitment of the person's body and soul to the spirit of the fast.
Ramadan is a time to practice self-restraint; a time to cleanse the
body and soul from impurities and re-focus one's self on the worship
of God.

Try to read more about Islam. You will be the winner.
www.beconvinced.com
www.Islamway.com
www.Islamtomorrow.com
www.Islamfortoday.com
www.Islamhouse.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 11:24:09 -0700, The Lantern
wrote:

[...]

**** Islam, **** Allah. ****ing terrorist religon.
Posted to alt.home.repair
GWB GWB is offline

What the hell?
A holiday is a holiday.
I'm celebrating with some pork jambalaya, a cigar and some rum.
Have a Rambunctious Ramadan!
Posted to alt.home.repair

A. During the blessed month of Ramadan, Muslims all over the world
abstain from food, drink, and other physical needs during the daylight
hours. As a time to purify the soul, refocus attention on God, and
practice self-sacrifice,

So it is a good time for suicide bombing?

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

I saw the movie "Godzilla verses Ramadan". It was pretty good.

--
coffee
Linux Registered User #449534

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 9/15/2007 2:24 PM The Lantern said the following:
Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar.

I thought Ramadan was something associated with a Ramada Inn.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

The more we learn from the barbaric acts the more we appreciate thats
its time for a Crusade!

On Sep 15, 8:48 pm, flibbertygibbet wrote:
The Lantern wrote:
Try to read more about Islam. You will be the winner.

I about Islam every day. In the news.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Toller wrote:
A. During the blessed month of Ramadan, Muslims all over the world
abstain from food, drink, and other physical needs during the daylight
hours. As a time to purify the soul, refocus attention on God, and
practice self-sacrifice,

So it is a good time for suicide bombing?

Only if you are a true "peace loving" type...
Posted to alt.home.repair

F**k Islam, F**k Allah. F**king terrorist religion.

If we want respect...we have to give it!
We don't want our way of life or our particular beliefs to be
profaned.
There is good and evil in everyone...you have just shown you make poor
choices in your words.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Sep 15, 1:24 pm, The Lantern wrote:

We are to ........ do away with bad habits --

Like killing innocent men women & children with suicide bombs???

The hand must not take anything that does not belong to it.

Like the lives of innocent men women & children with suicide bombs???

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
F**k Islam, F**k Allah. F**king terrorist religion.

If we want respect...we have to give it!
We don't want our way of life or our particular beliefs to be
profaned.
There is good and evil in everyone...you have just shown you make poor
choices in your words.

Hmm. I don't want respect. I want fear. Stark, unadulterated, abject fear.
And, to keep the fear alive, devastate the receipient of the fear every once
in a while.

Let us pray:
"O Lord our Father, our young patriots, idols of our hearts, go forth to
battle -- be Thou near them! With them -- in spirit -- we also go forth from
the sweet peace of our beloved firesides to smite the foe. O Lord our God,
help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to
cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help
us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded,
writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane
of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with
unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to
wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and
thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter,
broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the
grave and denied it -- for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their
hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy
their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the
blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is
the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all
that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen."

Do unto other as they have done unto you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
[...]

All So
"DON'T DO TO OTHERS THAT YOU WOULD NOT LIKE
THAT OTHERS DO IT TO YOU"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 16, 11:18 am, Jesus Is Lord wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 06:28:07 -0700, wrote:
F**k Islam, F**k Allah. F**king terrorist religion.

If we want respect...we have to give it!
We don't want our way of life or our particular beliefs to be
profaned.
There is good and evil in everyone...you have just shown you make poor
choices in your words.

Oh looky, there goes one of them thare move on cuckoo bird liberals.
**** allah, **** Islam and most of all, **** you and asll of your
liberal ilk!

You sound brilliant! Thanks for your reply!
Mr.? Very brave aren't you?