Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric Base Board Heat

Hi;

I am buying a house for rental property. It currently has a 2 year old
13 seer 3.5 ton Carrier Central AC System that is self contained and
sits outside. There is a huge duct that comes out of the unit and
enters the crawl space and cools the house.

As for heat, the house was made in 65 and has electric base board heat
and I would like to convert to gas forced air, or maybe even a boiler
system for water that heats the floors. What are my options? If I was
to install a natural gas heater, could I hook into the AC Duct under
the house? I hate to think what the electric heat is going to cost
with base board.

Any suggestions would be welcome.