Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchenaid Stand Mixer - need speed adjustment

I purchased a used K45SSWH, 250watt stand mixer..
It has all the standard attachments and it is very clean, even the
owners manual and original literature came with it..

The only problem is that it did not turn on when I placed it on
setting 1, Stir. It would run on settings 2, 4 & 6 but shut off on
settings 8 and 10..

On the back of the unit, I took off the domed cover and I see a
governor assy. It is mounted with 2 spring mounted screws on the top
and an attachment screw at the bottom.

I have been able, thru trial and error, in adjusting the 2 top screws
with getting a nice slow stir, but intermittent results on setting 8
and no luck for setting 10..

Does anyone have the official adjustment procedure for this assy?

I would caution anyone in attempting this, if you do not have
experience with electricity, do not attempt this. This plate has large
exposed areas of LIVE ELECTRICITY on it when plugged in. There are
apporx 7 exposed spade connectors on it that if someone was not paying
attention, could receive a nasty shock, not to mention electrical
burns, etc.. Please defer any adjustment to someone with experience...

Thanks in advance..
Mike........................

Posted to alt.home.repair

I wish I had a specific answer for you, but I thought I'd mention that
Kitchenaid mixers come with a lifetime warranty on the motor and
electrics. Just call Kitchenaid and tell them your Mom gave it to you
as a gift, and you'd like to get it repaired under the warranty.

It certainly can't hurt to try.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the idea, but I checked the owners manual, 1 year warranty,
no mention on the motor/electrics specifically, just a 'Failed" unit..

I have no way of knowing the age of this, no date of mfg on label.

If I can get all settings working, except for 10, then I'd be happy.
But someone out there has to know how to set up the governor..

Regards..
Mike

On Sep 7, 1:52 pm, Abe wrote:
I wish I had a specific answer for you, but I thought I'd mention that
Kitchenaid mixers come with a lifetime warranty on the motor and
electrics. Just call Kitchenaid and tell them your Mom gave it to you
as a gift, and you'd like to get it repaired under the warranty.

It certainly can't hurt to try.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 7, 12:39?pm, wrote:
[...]

I just had this problem and finally solved it. Try losening the
bottom attachment screw.