Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HELP!

I have called the company, looked up sites online, I am running out of
resources -not to mention my patience! grrrrr

Looking for anyone who has an Estate (by Whirlpool) Dryer. It was
purchased in 2000. Took off the back panel, plus the plate covering the
components & electrical cord, but somehow that plate isn't going back on
right! NO IDEA what happened. If I am not at the right group direct me
elsewhere- thank you!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6 Sep, 12:51, (~From Girley~) wrote:
I have called the company, looked up sites online, I am running out of
resources -not to mention my patience! grrrrr

Looking for anyone who has an Estate (by Whirlpool) Dryer. It was
purchased in 2000. Took off the back panel, plus the plate covering the
components & electrical cord, but somehow that plate isn't going back on
right! NO IDEA what happened. If I am not at the right group direct me
elsewhere- thank you!

I have an Estate dryer, but I'm not going to take it apart to help
you. ;-)

When you say it won't go "back on right" what do you mean?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Sep 6, 11:51 am, (~From Girley~) wrote:
I have called the company, looked up sites online, I am running out of
resources -not to mention my patience! grrrrr

Looking for anyone who has an Estate (by Whirlpool) Dryer. It was
purchased in 2000. Took off the back panel, plus the plate covering the
components & electrical cord, but somehow that plate isn't going back on
right! NO IDEA what happened. If I am not at the right group direct me
elsewhere- thank you!

Your machine frame is likely out of square from moving it, having
maladjusted leveling feet or similar. Set it on a nice level floor,
adjust all the leveling screws to the same position (same number of
threads showing, for example) and since this is the position it was in
when it went down the assembly line it will likely go back together
just fine. HTH

Joe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6 Sep, 14:45, Joe wrote:
[...]

I'm going to modify Joe's instructions a bit:

Joe suggested: Set it on a nice level floor, adjust all the leveling
screws to the same position (same number of
threads showing, for example)

This may not be possible without moving the machine far from it's
current location. I'd be hard pressed to find a "nice level" spot
anywhere in my basement.

My modification to these instructions:

Level the machine in all directions with the leveling screws. Shim if
required. Once it's level, the frame should be square regardless of
whether the floor is level or not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi,
First, thank you for your responses. All I need to know is when you look
at the back of the dryer, the big panel is back on correctly, but
there is a little plate- maybe 4 X4 or so (not a perfect rectangle- it
has a tab on one side, a slit in the other)
That plate covers the components where the electrical cord comes out.
Near the center/top of the bck of the dryer. When it is put back on, no
matter which way you put it, you can either see one of the connections
from the cord to the dryer itself, or space, I just don't remember it
looking like that!!
I know there are only a few ways to put it....just want to know which
way it should be. Next time I guess I WILL have to take a pic lol
Thanks for any more help.