DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Homeowner complains... (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/213411-homeowner-complains.html)

HeyBub September 5th 07 04:45 PM

Homeowner complains...

Found this on another newsgroup and though some may wish to comment.

Guy has problem with log-lighter installation and check what he found out
about his baseboards.

http://www.morrisonhomesneglect.freewebweb.com/

RickH September 5th 07 04:55 PM

Homeowner complains...

On Sep 5, 10:45 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Found this on another newsgroup and though some may wish to comment.

Guy has problem with log-lighter installation and check what he found out
about his baseboards.

http://www.morrisonhomesneglect.freewebweb.com/

This proves, NEVER buy a home or sign a contract with a builder that
prohibits you to be on the job site during construction, any time you
want. If they prohibit it for "insurance reasons", they probably
really are just hiding shoddy materials.

Edwin Pawlowski September 5th 07 06:05 PM

Homeowner complains...

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Found this on another newsgroup and though some may wish to comment.

Guy has problem with log-lighter installation and check what he found out
about his baseboards.

http://www.morrisonhomesneglect.freewebweb.com/

They should be held accountable for a danger like that.

OTOH, the baseboards are probably MDF and suitable for what they do.

Frank September 6th 07 12:43 AM

Homeowner complains...

HeyBub wrote:
Found this on another newsgroup and though some may wish to comment.

Guy has problem with log-lighter installation and check what he found out
about his baseboards.

http://www.morrisonhomesneglect.freewebweb.com/

My son has a Heat-a-lator type fireplace in 25 year old home he bought 5
years ago. We had noted hole in chimney pipe on roof and urged him to
call our fireplace guy. Turns out hole was in furnace pipe but
inspection of his fireplace showed complete lack of ceramic or
insulation backing. A building inspection before he bought the home did
not disclose this. I think he's seeking compensation from them. Lucky
the house never caught fire.

Frank