Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garbage Disposal lining?

I bought a new house and the garbage disposal they left doesn't work.
It gets stuck on something inside the disposal. So I took the pipe and
top of to look inside and I found a thick (1/4 in) yellow rubber
lining that it's hitting and that is blocking part of the outlet. Is
that suppose to be there or am I looking at something old and
disturbing that should be removed?

Thank you for your help
/Mats

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4 Sep, 11:56, wrote:
I bought a new house and the garbage disposal they left doesn't work.
It gets stuck on something inside the disposal. So I took the pipe and
top of to look inside and I found a thick (1/4 in) yellow rubber
lining that it's hitting and that is blocking part of the outlet. Is
that suppose to be there or am I looking at something old and
disturbing that should be removed?

Thank you for your help
/Mats

Quit messing with it. As long as you have it out, toss it and run over
to your local home center. Get one of the Insinkerator Evolution
series disposers. They're reasonably priced and probably so much
quieter than the one you are thinking of trying to fix.
Congratualations on the new house. You deserve a new disposer.

http://www.insinkerator.com/isejsp/p...2&template=hhd

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 09:33:05 -0700, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On 4 Sep, 11:56, wrote:
I bought a new house and the garbage disposal they left doesn't work.
It gets stuck on something inside the disposal. So I took the pipe and
top of to look inside and I found a thick (1/4 in) yellow rubber
lining that it's hitting and that is blocking part of the outlet. Is
that suppose to be there or am I looking at something old and
disturbing that should be removed?

Thank you for your help
/Mats

Quit messing with it. As long as you have it out, toss it and run over
to your local home center. Get one of the Insinkerator Evolution
series disposers. They're reasonably priced and probably so much
quieter than the one you are thinking of trying to fix.
Congratualations on the new house. You deserve a new disposer.

http://www.insinkerator.com/isejsp/p...2&template=hhd

I totally dissembled an Insinkerator once, cleaned it and reassembled. It
took 3-4 hours to do it right. The issue besides the time is parts. If
something breaks, can you fix it or find a new part?

Disposals are cheap. Get a good one.