Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Noisy pipes

Our pipes make a loud roaring noise when the toilet tank is flushing
and re-filling. Our apartment had been empty for a few months when we
moved in and initially the noise happened when running the hot tap.
After a while this cleared up but then some people moved in upstairs
after that apartment had also been empty for a few months. It started
again but this time whilst flushing and re-filling.

It is the same noise (sounds a bit like a go-kart engine) so I can't
see how it could be un-related but cistern noise solutions don't sound
like they would work for this since it was originally related to the
boiler.

It seems to be getting worse the more we use the toilet - if anyone
has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...
Our pipes make a loud roaring noise when the toilet tank is flushing
and re-filling. Our apartment had been empty for a few months when we
moved in and initially the noise happened when running the hot tap.
After a while this cleared up but then some people moved in upstairs
after that apartment had also been empty for a few months. It started
again but this time whilst flushing and re-filling.

It is the same noise (sounds a bit like a go-kart engine) so I can't
see how it could be un-related but cistern noise solutions don't sound
like they would work for this since it was originally related to the
boiler.

It seems to be getting worse the more we use the toilet - if anyone
has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Replace the flush valve

Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Sep 3, 4:25 am, wrote:
Our pipes make a loud roaring noise when the toilet tank is flushing
and re-filling. Our apartment had been empty for a few months when we
moved in and initially the noise happened when running the hot tap.
After a while this cleared up but then some people moved in upstairs
after that apartment had also been empty for a few months. It started
again but this time whilst flushing and re-filling.

It is the same noise (sounds a bit like a go-kart engine) so I can't
see how it could be un-related but cistern noise solutions don't sound
like they would work for this since it was originally related to the
boiler.

It seems to be getting worse the more we use the toilet - if anyone
has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Check your ballcock the device that fills the tank also the shutoff
under the toilet if so equiped turn it off then open 2 turns if the
noise is less or diminished it is piping related. Have the boiler
pressure checked as possible it and the building pressure are set to
high. May also be a poor plumbing job as this is not uncommon with
people thinking it is simple and doing things they shouldn't.

Noisy pipes upstairs. John Candy Home Repair 5 August 1st 07 01:56 AM
Noisy Pipes on well [email protected] Home Repair 0 June 17th 07 10:48 PM
Noisy Pipes Ted Home Repair 6 December 20th 05 01:06 AM
Noisy pipes JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk Home Repair 2 February 3rd 05 12:06 AM
Noisy pipes toller Home Repair 1 January 11th 05 09:24 PM