Old August 30th 07, 02:58 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do I add freon to a portable air conditioner?

I just got a Haier HPAC7M portable AC w/no manual. I opened it up and didn't
see where to add freon. I know each unit is different. I'm just looking for
a general idea of what to look for and where.

Old August 30th 07, 03:27 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"Marc" wrote in message
I just got a Haier HPAC7M portable AC w/no manual. I opened it up and
didn't see where to add freon. I know each unit is different. I'm just
looking for a general idea of what to look for and where.

Once you get the required license to do that type of work, you can get the
diagram that shows you where.

Refrigeration is no longer a DIY job.

Old August 30th 07, 03:38 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Most window and portable type units do not have service ports in
them. A licensed HVAC man can install ports so that gauges can be
used. Without gauges and knowledge there is virtually nothing for
DIY's to try beyond cleaning the coils.

The very fact you asked what you did says you do not have the
gauges or the knowledge.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

Old August 30th 07, 03:51 AM posted to alt.home.repair

This is a sealed system and is not equipted with service valves.
Process tubes are Installed in Compressor Housings during
manufacture for dehydration and charging and these are adapted
by service technicians by the addition of an access valve.
Access valves can be of various types frome line tap to a brazed
schrader access port.
Out of curiosity why do you want to add refrigerant to this Unit

Old August 30th 07, 05:24 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Marc wrote:
I just got a Haier HPAC7M portable AC w/no manual. I opened it up and
didn't see where to add freon. I know each unit is different. I'm
just looking for a general idea of what to look for and where.

If incorrectly work on the unit you could do more damage and if money is a
issue then you might want to contact a local vocational school and see if
you could drop off the unit so the students can check it out.

That way they get some experience and you can save some money.

--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Old August 30th 07, 07:26 PM posted to alt.home.repair

i recomend you get an ac book at the library and study hvac
before you work on it. ac systems are very simple but you need to have
knowledge how they work , and service procedures. lucas

Old August 30th 07, 07:38 PM posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

wrote:
i recomend you get an ac book at the library and study hvac
before you work on it. ac systems are very simple but you need to have
knowledge how they work , and service procedures. lucas

Not to mention the equipment which virtually no homeowner has...

Old August 31st 07, 03:05 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Not to mention the equipment which virtually no homeowner has...
-------------------------------- when my
cousin retired from doing ac work, i found the ac companies allways
wanted to replace the units rather than fix them, so i bought my own ac
equipment and do it myself , the equipment isnt very expensive at all.
lucas

Old August 31st 07, 03:13 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Not to mention the equipment which virtually no homeowner has...
-------------------------------- when my
cousin retired from doing ac work, i found the ac companies allways
wanted to replace the units rather than fix them, so i bought my own ac
equipment and do it myself , the equipment isnt very expensive at all.
lucas

How much you wanna bet the OP will try and fix it anyway, even after all the
warnings he's gotten here? :-)

Headline:
"Doctors Remove AC Compressor from Area Man's Skull"

Old September 1st 07, 12:15 PM posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

wrote in message
Not to mention the equipment which virtually no homeowner has...
cousin retired from doing ac work, i found the ac companies allways
wanted to replace the units rather than fix them, so i bought my own ac
equipment and do it myself , the equipment isnt very expensive at all.

What amount of money do you feel isn't very expensive?

Do you own a recovery machine and tank?