Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troubleshooting Natural Gas Grill Quick Connect

I have a natural gas grill that connects to a wall-mounted natural gas
outlet mounted on my deck. The gas outlet has a quick-connect and an on-
off valve. It has been working fine for 2 years, but suddenly, I'm not
getting any gas flow. The gas on/off to the house is definitely "on"
since our other gas appliances are working normally.

Here's what I've found so far.

With the gas hose plugged into the wall outlet, I turned on the wall
mounted on/off valve and tried to fire up the grill. But no gas came to
the burners. Thinking there might be a blockage in the hose or grill
control, I turned the gas valve off and disconnected the gas hose. I
immediately checked the was no smell of gas at the connection end of the
hose.

Next, I blew into the hose. I could hear air hissing out of the grill
burner holes, so there's no blockage in the hose or the grill's gas
control.

The problem seems to be with quick-connect fitting and/or the on-off
valve on the wall. The quick connect seems to connect securely, and the
snap-ring that holds the hose securely in place seems to be seating
correctly.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Any tips? (To set your mind at
ease, I'm NOT about to start doing my own repairs on gas appliances! I
just thought it might be something simple and obvious.)

Java
Posted to alt.home.repair

Java wrote:
[...]

Hi,
Remove quick connect fitting and see then.