Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Installing 6" duct for kitchen fan in basement

I need to install a kitchen fan in a basement. The fan maker says I must
use 6" ducting. So I need to cut a 6" hole. Trouble is I will have to
cut this hole through one of the 9" beams supporting the floor. Is this
safe?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Zyp Zyp is offline

Mike E. Fullerton wrote:
I need to install a kitchen fan in a basement. The fan maker says I
must use 6" ducting. So I need to cut a 6" hole. Trouble is I will
have to cut this hole through one of the 9" beams supporting the
floor. Is this safe?

Thanks in advance.

Nope - you will have to go around the support.

--
Zyp

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mike E. Fullerton" wrote in
message news:IlLxi.68190$_d2.12261@pd7urf3no...
I need to install a kitchen fan in a basement. The fan maker says I must
use 6" ducting. So I need to cut a 6" hole. Trouble is I will have to cut
this hole through one of the 9" beams supporting the floor. Is this safe?

NO! You have to find a different path. Go under it if you have to or find
a better appliance. Or go through a wall.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I sure hope you are trolling. You must be kidding.

--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .