DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   brk smokes and co2 combo units (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/209239-brk-smokes-co2-combo-units.html)

sym August 4th 07 01:03 AM

brk smokes and co2 combo units

any one hear anything about a problem with false alarms with this
product?

[email protected] August 4th 07 02:22 AM

On Aug 3, 7:03 pm, sym wrote:
any one hear anything about a problem with false alarms with this
product?

sym,

Yes, I did have BRK smoke detectors at my previous residence and at
the worst times we got false alarms ex. middle of the night, middle of
a movie or with company here. I called brk and they denied there was
a problem! I know this was a lie cause I changed them over to first
alert and we had absolutely no more problems with false alarms, right
there was no problem! I don't know how old these are but I would
fight them on this cause they need to know there product sucks! Maybe
coincidence, I don't really think so though.

- Lucas
Lucas Electric, LLC

p.s. in my new house I bought kidde since thats what was available,
same darn cheap problem. Once again changed to first alert and
suddenly no more problems! What is it with cheap
china products!

If I had six hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend the first four hours
sharpening the axe. - Abe Lincoln

sym August 10th 07 09:34 PM

On Aug 3, 9:22 pm, wrote:
On Aug 3, 7:03 pm, sym wrote:

[...]