Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I'm having a wading pool

I'm having a small guinet pool installed at my house and I wanted to
make sure the pool guys are not cutting corners. How long should they
wait until the plaster after the gunite is installed. I understand
there can be problems with the plaster and the gunite adhering to the
walls.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm having a small guinet pool installed at my house and I wanted to
make sure the pool guys are not cutting corners. How long should they
wait until the plaster after the gunite is installed. I understand
there can be problems with the plaster and the gunite adhering to the
walls.

Follow the contractor's instructions. They want it to come out right, and I
don't think they'd want problems.

On pool plaster, they fill it IMMEDIATELY. Mine was looking like it was
blistering underwater. I called, and the guy said it was normal. I was
apprehensive, but as I had not paid him yet (he was a contractor), I waited
the two days as instructed before running Pooolio the Pool robot. All the
little mounds of "stuff" vacuumed off perfectly, and it was a fine fine
plaster job.

BTW, they started chipping out the old plaster 7AM Monday, and Tuesday at
2PM, I was filling it with water. These guys were amazing. 35,000 Gallon
pool.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

How long should they
wait until the plaster after the gunite is installed.

Sooner the better. Concrete bonds better to the plaster if freshly set,
rather than cured.