Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is the NEW Treated Wood any good?

Now that they have banned the Arsenic treatment for lumber, I am
wondering if this new treated wood is any good? The stuff barely even
looks treated. I do favor eliminating toxic chemicals from our lives,
I am not going to pay for treated lumber that will be rotted in a few
years and from the looks of this new stuff, I fear it will rot as fast
as untreated lumber. I just discovered this new stuff, and I refused
to buy it. I was lucky to find a small rural lumber yard that had a
large stock of the older arsenic treated wood on hand, and even though
it cost more, I bought it. At least I know it will last for years
like all the older treated lumber did. Somehow I have a feeling this
new (so called) treated lumber is little more than plain lumber
sprayed with a green colored water. I dont want it !