Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to buy Compressor Oil, 30W ND

Can anyone tell me where can buy 30W ND (Non Detergent oil) in SFO? I have been
to HD, Lowes, Kragen, Pep Boys and almost every auto spare part store and cannot
find any Non-Detergent oil. The closest oil I can buy is at Sears, they sell
20W (and it may not be ND). I remember O'Relly in the Midwest do sell Shell 30W
ND oil in their stores.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

John JJ wrote:
Can anyone tell me where can buy 30W ND (Non Detergent oil) in SFO? I have been
to HD, Lowes, Kragen, Pep Boys and almost every auto spare part store and cannot
find any Non-Detergent oil. The closest oil I can buy is at Sears, they sell
20W (and it may not be ND). I remember O'Relly in the Midwest do sell Shell 30W
ND oil in their stores.

I have no idea specifically, but one those must carry oil specifically
marked "compressor" oil instead of looking for ND motor oil?

If no retail, try the industrial supply folks in yellow pages...

Posted to alt.home.repair

John JJ wrote:
Can anyone tell me where can buy 30W ND (Non Detergent oil) in SFO? I have been
to HD, Lowes, Kragen, Pep Boys and almost every auto spare part store and cannot
find any Non-Detergent oil. The closest oil I can buy is at Sears, they sell
20W (and it may not be ND). I remember O'Relly in the Midwest do sell Shell 30W
ND oil in their stores.

Thanks

Tractor Supply Company (TSC).

Rob
Posted to alt.home.repair

dpb wrote:
I have no idea specifically, but one those must carry oil specifically
marked "compressor" oil instead of looking for ND motor oil?

If no retail, try the industrial supply folks in yellow pages...

Back in the days when I used to have a compressor that used Anderol 500, I got
it from the Ingersol compressor dealer down the street. Sometimes the answer is
the most obvious.

I would expect a compressor company to carry any kind of oil used in a
compressor. I used to get my activated alumina and activated charcoal from them
as well. We were filling scuba cylinders.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:23:26 -0400, trainfan1 wrote:

John JJ wrote:
Can anyone tell me where can buy 30W ND (Non Detergent oil) in SFO? I have been
to HD, Lowes, Kragen, Pep Boys and almost every auto spare part store and cannot
find any Non-Detergent oil. The closest oil I can buy is at Sears, they sell
20W (and it may not be ND). I remember O'Relly in the Midwest do sell Shell 30W
ND oil in their stores.

Thanks

Tractor Supply Company (TSC).

Rob

Thank you Rob and everyone too, the good news, TSC do supply them and the bad
news it's more than an hours drive.

http://www.mytscstore.com/shopping_l...dd&sku=0801210.

..

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John JJ" wrote in message

Can anyone tell me where can buy 30W ND (Non Detergent oil) in SFO?
I have been
to HD, Lowes, Kragen, Pep Boys and almost every auto spare part
store and cannot
find any Non-Detergent oil. The closest oil I can buy is at Sears,
they sell
20W (and it may not be ND). I remember O'Relly in the Midwest do
sell Shell 30W
ND oil in their stores.

Sears used to carry "compressor oil" in the tool department.
Obviously, a compressor shop would have it.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

John JJ wrote:
Can anyone tell me where can buy 30W ND (Non Detergent oil) in SFO? I have been
to HD, Lowes, Kragen, Pep Boys and almost every auto spare part store and cannot
find any Non-Detergent oil. The closest oil I can buy is at Sears, they sell
20W (and it may not be ND). I remember O'Relly in the Midwest do sell Shell 30W
ND oil in their stores.

Thanks

Tractor Supply Company (TSC).

Rob

Thank you Rob and everyone too, the good news, TSC do supply them and the bad
news it's more than an hours drive.

http://www.mytscstore.com/shopping_l...dd&sku=0801210.

.

I think I've seen at least one brand of 30wt API SA-rated motor oil at
Walmart recently. I think you can also use API "SB" motor oil (if you
can find it)

Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:17:58 -0500, zxcvbob wrote:

I think I've seen at least one brand of 30wt API SA-rated motor oil at
Walmart recently. I think you can also use API "SB" motor oil (if you
can find it)

Nope, they stop selling them. Thanks anyway.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:58:35 -0700, "Bob F" wrote:

Sears used to carry "compressor oil" in the tool department.
Obviously, a compressor shop would have it.

Yes, they sell 20W compressor oil, but no indication if it's "Non-detergent"
oil. Was there this morning. Thanks

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:21:58 GMT, T. Rex wrote:

NAPA Auto Parts is where I get mine. I may be wrong, but I think the 30W
at O'Reillys is a detergent oil. The stuff from NAPA is definitely ND (I
just checked to make sure).

Now if somebody can tell me where I can buy 20W ND ...

I called up and they told me they have 3Qt left, and immediately buy all three
Qt, that should last me a few years. I did ask if they have 20W Non-Detergent
oil, yes they have.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:20:21 -0700, John JJ
wrote:

Can anyone tell me where can buy 30W ND (Non Detergent oil) in SFO? I have been
to HD, Lowes, Kragen, Pep Boys and almost every auto spare part store and cannot
find any Non-Detergent oil. The closest oil I can buy is at Sears, they sell
20W (and it may not be ND). I remember O'Relly in the Midwest do sell Shell 30W
ND oil in their stores.

Thanks

I've seen the result of tests of using ND oil in an automobile
engine. Cuts engine life in half.

I question the mfg in requiring it in their compressors.

I've not seen any foaming in the other oils.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:43:14 -0500, "Steve Barker"
wrote:

good point. we always just put the same ol' straight 30 in the compressor
that we are running in the fleet.

You might wanna go to this site and read something very interesting..

http://www.nordicgroup.us/oil.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Sears used to carry "compressor oil" in the tool department.
Obviously, a compressor shop would have it.

Yes, they sell 20W compressor oil, but no indication if it's
"Non-detergent"
oil. Was there this morning. Thanks

I've never seen a recommendation to use detergent oil for a
compressor. Unless it says it is, you should be quite safe.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

napa,wallmart tsc have 30w nd oil and oil marked 30w compressor oil,
same thing i think. tractor supply has 20w nd .

Posted to alt.home.repair

John JJ wrote:
Can anyone tell me where can buy 30W ND (Non Detergent oil) in SFO? I have been
to HD, Lowes, Kragen, Pep Boys and almost every auto spare part store and cannot
find any Non-Detergent oil. The closest oil I can buy is at Sears, they sell
20W (and it may not be ND). I remember O'Relly in the Midwest do sell Shell 30W
ND oil in their stores.

Thanks

Tractor Supply Company (TSC).

Rob

Thank you Rob and everyone too, the good news, TSC do supply them and the bad
news it's more than an hours drive.

More good news...

There's always a couple hundred bucks of stuff to buy at TSC making the
trip worth while!

Rob

http://www.mytscstore.com/shopping_l...dd&sku=0801210.

.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I buy all of that sort of stuff at McMaster-Carr. Always have it next
day for minimal shipping charge.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:13:53 -0500, Ignoramus3627
wrote:

I buy all of that sort of stuff at McMaster-Carr. Always have it next
day for minimal shipping charge.

I second that. The shipping [even for a big bag of bolts] is usually
less than what I would have spent on impulse crap at the borg. Even
if I had some self-control, I can be doing something other than being
frustrated by out-of-stock, misplaced, poor quality, or
not-quite-right goods. [and most of the above applies to way too many
of the clerks these days]

I'm in upstate NY and I have gotten next-day deliveries from McMaster,
but it is usually 2 days. Well worth the wait.

[Their site lists a brick&mortar in LA so west coast deliveries are
probably as fast.]

Jim
URL, BTW- http://www.mcmaster.com/

Air compressor Ed H Home Repair 7 July 5th 07 02:39 PM
What compressor to buy? Peter Scott UK diy 4 April 20th 05 10:12 PM
Air compressor Yaofeng Home Repair 12 October 15th 04 10:09 PM
Air Compressor Oil Jim Frogge Metalworking 10 September 7th 04 03:04 AM
Compressor Colin Blackburn UK diy 12 September 30th 03 08:14 PM