Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Dee Dee is offline

Default Which direction to lay laminate flooring

I'm seeing some contradictory information regarding this issue.

I've read that the rule of thumb is to lay plank flooring perpendicular to
the main light source (typically a window). However, I've also read that in
certain situations it is desirable to lay it along the longest point of the
room.

In our case, we're doing two very small bedrooms -- each roughly 10' x
10'.5" -- with a 5' (wide) x 32" (tall) window opposite each entry door.

As I envision it, it seems awkward to have the planks running from the door
to toward the window, as the twin beds in each room will run along the
(slightly longer) length of the room. Therefore, I "see" laying the flooring
the length of the room.

Does this sound acceptable? I don't want it to look dorky.

Thanks for any suggestions.

laminate flooring Kee Home Repair 2 June 5th 05 03:00 AM
Laminate flooring [email protected] Home Ownership 8 May 19th 05 11:14 PM
Laminate Flooring installed parallel direction of natural light? Howie Home Repair 7 February 21st 05 02:46 PM
Laminate flooring [email protected] Home Ownership 0 February 21st 05 01:17 PM
Laminate flooring [email protected] Home Ownership 0 February 21st 05 01:16 PM