Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hard Shingles with Metal Clip - HELP!

My wife and I just got back from Switzerland and are looking for a
product we saw in the mountains. I have seen these in several places
but the pictures we took of the house with these clips was in
Apenzell, specifically near Wassauren and Ebenalp.

What we are looking for are shingles for a house. They are hard,
plastic-like (or maybe a synthetic substance) shingles for the outside
or a house or hut. They are for vertical surfaces like walls (they
may work on a roof as well but that is not how I saw them). The color
I saw was sort of an off-white almost green gray yellowy. They are
held in place by a metal clip that hooks underneath the shingle and
runs up behind it.

I have posted a photo of the shingles from the Ebenalp cablecar
station which uses them on Flickr:

Photo of Shingle on Flickr: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1046/...a31ab086_b.jpg

We appreciate any help at all in finding out what they are made of,
who makes them (or shingles like them), and whether we can buy/import
them in the states or whether we will have to order them in
Switzerland and ship (ugh!) them back to the states.

Thanks in advance--so much!

Richard

Posted to alt.home.repair

cabalist wrote:

[...]

Maybe something like Hardishingle?

Here are a couple of links:

http://www.jameshardiesidingcenter.c...ishingle.shtml

http://www.tcsidingprofessionals.com/images.html

New roof shingles: Remove thin plastic strips on back of shingles before nailing down? Joe Home Repair 34 March 10th 17 02:06 AM
Clip Cache OT Weatherlawyer UK diy 7 April 23rd 06 10:42 AM
Metal Shingles advice [email protected] Home Repair 0 December 17th 05 11:15 PM
New roof shingles: Remove thin plastic strips on back of shingles before nailing down? Joe Home Ownership 10 November 30th 04 05:04 AM