DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Anderson Window Vent Tubes (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/206472-anderson-window-vent-tubes.html)

[email protected] July 14th 07 09:58 PM

Anderson Window Vent Tubes

Can anyone tell me what I am supposed to do with the Vent Tubes on
the Anderson Windows I bought?

I got talked into ordering the windows (400 series) with Vent Tubes
since they were going to travel over the rocky mountains. I was
told that I need to crimp them or something.

Anderson's install instructions leave a little to be desired and
don't describe anything about the vent tubes. I have a window with
a sticker on it that says "Vent Tubes" with arrows pointing to one
side of the window. Yet I see nothing :-).

Thanks for any information y'all may have!
Joel

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

dpb July 15th 07 03:41 PM

Anderson Window Vent Tubes

wrote:
Can anyone tell me what I am supposed to do with the Vent Tubes on
the Anderson Windows I bought?

I got talked into ordering the windows (400 series) with Vent Tubes
since they were going to travel over the rocky mountains. I was
told that I need to crimp them or something.

Anderson's install instructions leave a little to be desired and
don't describe anything about the vent tubes. I have a window with
a sticker on it that says "Vent Tubes" with arrows pointing to one
side of the window. Yet I see nothing :-).

Looked at Andersen's site for the 400 window series and didn't find much
useful, either. My suggestion is to contact the vendor first assuming
they're somebody other than a catalog front or Andersen directly.