Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default Best electric fan for home?

wrote in message
I just started shopping for a good, powerful, electric fan, as electricity
costs in the northeastern part of the US are wild. With the heatwaves
we've had over the last few years (thank you global warming), I'm tired of
running the AC constantly.

Anyway, I've checked out the Lakewood HV18C (approx. $50) and the Lasko
4924 (approx $70). I don't think an oscillating fan is necessary as that
usually means papers go flying. I've also noticed that it's hard to find

reasonably priced tall standing fan. In addition, many are made of cheap
plastic and not the metal I was accustomed to 20+ years ago.

The last fan I purchased was several years ago - a Bionaire which is
completely plastic, and can't even be opened for cleaning! The insides

are
full of grime and soot. So much for the clean air company.

Any recommendations?

We bought a Lasko tower fan a few years ago. It has a remote and a timer,
which is great. It doesn't take up a lot of space, which is why we wanted a
tower type. It has 3 settings, and oscillates if we want it to. The first
one died after one season, and Lasko sent us a new one for free after I
emailed them. This one works fine. Our family room gets hot (not vented
well), so we set the fan up in the doorway to bring cooler air from the
dining room back here. It's not overly loud either which we like.

Melissa

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Melissa wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

I like my tower fan too. The silence is the part I value most. Very tall,
narrow flow width keeps one spot quite cool.

--
Phil