Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A/C tubing length maximum?

Does anyone know of the maximum length for the tubing on a split 2 1/2
ton a/c system? Thinking of installing in a 925 sq ft. house, but
would like to mount the outside unit on the opposite side of the
house, as the airhandler.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone know of the maximum length for the tubing on a split 2 1/2
ton a/c system? Thinking of installing in a 925 sq ft. house, but
would like to mount the outside unit on the opposite side of the
house, as the airhandler.

One would need to know the brand and model number for the unit as they're
all a little different.

But, with a 925 sq ft home, I don't see any issues!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Generally 50 feet is the maximum without capacity loss. If you run 100 feet
of refrigeration line, expect 4% - 10% capacity reduction. [Even if you
increase the size of the suction line, there will still be some capacity
loss.] Check the manufacturer's spec. sheet.

--
Zyp

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone know of the maximum length for the tubing on a split 2 1/2
ton a/c system? Thinking of installing in a 925 sq ft. house, but
would like to mount the outside unit on the opposite side of the
house, as the airhandler.

One would need to know the brand and model number for the unit as they're
all a little different.

But, with a 925 sq ft home, I don't see any issues!

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Meat Plow wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 00:51:28 +0000, CJT wrote:

wrote:

Does anyone know of the maximum length for the tubing on a split 2 1/2
ton a/c system? Thinking of installing in a 925 sq ft. house, but
would like to mount the outside unit on the opposite side of the
house, as the airhandler.

I don't know the maximum, but mine are separated by at least 35 feet.

OP asks "Does anyone know of the maximum"

You reply "I don't know the maximum"

Pathetic.

I put a lower bound on the maximum. I think that was more helpful
than what you wrote.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Look in the book that comes with the unit.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

ups.com...