DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   add 2nd switch to existing light circuit (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/204833-add-2nd-switch-existing-light-circuit.html)

KJ June 25th 07 10:37 PM

add 2nd switch to existing light circuit

Hello,

I have an existing switch controlling a light circuit. I would like to
add a 2nd switch on the other side of the room. It is possible to do
this without changing the circuit to 3-way wiring and switches?

Thanks,
KJ

RBM June 25th 07 11:17 PM

add 2nd switch to existing light circuit

It can be done with line carriers like Leviton Home controls. You would need
to replace the existing switch with a receiver switch, then install a
transmitter switch anywhere you have or can install a 120 volt power supply

ps.com...

Smitty Two June 26th 07 03:54 AM

add 2nd switch to existing light circuit

In article om,
KJ wrote:

Hello,

I have an existing switch controlling a light circuit. I would like to
add a 2nd switch on the other side of the room. It is possible to do
this without changing the circuit to 3-way wiring and switches?

Thanks,
KJ

You could go wireless.