DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   replacing bearings on C-frame fan motor (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/204823-replacing-bearings-c-frame-fan-motor.html)

Matt June 25th 07 09:24 PM

replacing bearings on C-frame fan motor

I have an appliance that has a fan powered by a C-frame 115 VAC motor.

It was making a pretty bad noise, so I took it apart to check it. The
bearings were turning pretty rough and were binding. I cleaned things
up a little and oiled the bearings. It seems to run okay now, but I
expect the bearings will be going out soon.

Replacing the whole motor seems to be problematic because I don't have a
part number or specs such as current draw or RPM.

I would like to simply replace the bearings. Each assembly forms
something like a bridge that is screwed onto opposite sides of the
frame. I guess they are something like sintered journal bearings. The
shaft has a diameter rather near 5mm, and the screw holes are close to
48mm apart.

Is there a good supplier for these bearing assemblies?

bob kater June 25th 07 10:32 PM

replacing bearings on C-frame fan motor

A visit to a motor shop will tell you everything you need to know about the
motor, also see a supplier that sells parts for what it came off of and I am
sure they can also id it for you. Most small c-face motors are not worth
repairing.

Richard J Kinch June 25th 07 10:37 PM

Matt writes:

Is there a good supplier for these bearing assemblies?

mscdirect.com
mcmaster.com
use-enco.com

Matt June 26th 07 05:48 AM

Richard J Kinch wrote:
Matt writes:

Is there a good supplier for these bearing assemblies?

mscdirect.com
mcmaster.com
use-enco.com

I don't see anything relevant at those sites.

Richard J Kinch June 26th 07 07:01 AM

Matt writes:

I don't see anything relevant at those sites.

Not all have ears to hear.