Posted to alt.home.repair

Default replacing bearings on C-frame fan motor

I have an appliance that has a fan powered by a C-frame 115 VAC motor.

It was making a pretty bad noise, so I took it apart to check it. The
bearings were turning pretty rough and were binding. I cleaned things
up a little and oiled the bearings. It seems to run okay now, but I
expect the bearings will be going out soon.

Replacing the whole motor seems to be problematic because I don't have a
part number or specs such as current draw or RPM.

I would like to simply replace the bearings. Each assembly forms
something like a bridge that is screwed onto opposite sides of the
frame. I guess they are something like sintered journal bearings. The
shaft has a diameter rather near 5mm, and the screw holes are close to
48mm apart.

Is there a good supplier for these bearing assemblies?
Posted to alt.home.repair

A visit to a motor shop will tell you everything you need to know about the
motor, also see a supplier that sells parts for what it came off of and I am
sure they can also id it for you. Most small c-face motors are not worth
repairing.
"Matt" wrote in message
I have an appliance that has a fan powered by a C-frame 115 VAC motor.

It was making a pretty bad noise, so I took it apart to check it. The
bearings were turning pretty rough and were binding. I cleaned things up
a little and oiled the bearings. It seems to run okay now, but I expect
the bearings will be going out soon.

Replacing the whole motor seems to be problematic because I don't have a
part number or specs such as current draw or RPM.

I would like to simply replace the bearings. Each assembly forms
something like a bridge that is screwed onto opposite sides of the frame.
I guess they are something like sintered journal bearings. The shaft has
a diameter rather near 5mm, and the screw holes are close to 48mm apart.

Is there a good supplier for these bearing assemblies?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Matt writes:

Is there a good supplier for these bearing assemblies?

mscdirect.com
mcmaster.com
use-enco.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

Richard J Kinch wrote:
Matt writes:

Is there a good supplier for these bearing assemblies?

mscdirect.com
mcmaster.com
use-enco.com

I don't see anything relevant at those sites.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Matt writes:

I don't see anything relevant at those sites.

Not all have ears to hear.