DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Washer won't spin (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/204778-washer-wont-spin.html)

[email protected] June 25th 07 02:09 PM

Washer won't spin

I have a Whirlpool LSQ8220HQ0 top load washer that is about 6 years
old. Been working fine and then last night it was in process of
washing, and when the spin cycle came on, it was making a grinding
noise and no spin. The pump was working, cause it was pumping the
water out. I know this washer does not use belts, so I am thinking it
may be the gearcase...though I think there is some sort of clutch used
also.

Any suggestions on what it might be or what to look for? Can't make
it spin no matter what, loaded or unloaded.

longshot June 25th 07 02:18 PM

Washer won't spin

i think its broke

Joseph Meehan June 25th 07 05:22 PM

Washer won't spin

wrote:
I have a Whirlpool LSQ8220HQ0 top load washer that is about 6 years
old. Been working fine and then last night it was in process of
washing, and when the spin cycle came on, it was making a grinding
noise and no spin. The pump was working, cause it was pumping the
water out. I know this washer does not use belts, so I am thinking it
may be the gearcase...though I think there is some sort of clutch used
also.

Any suggestions on what it might be or what to look for? Can't make
it spin no matter what, loaded or unloaded.

It seems someone must be out of school and mom is out of the house so
they are playing with the computer. Please ignore the silly responses.

Have you opened it up? Is a belt involved? Is there any physical
damage visible? If you try to turn it manually does that help answer your
question?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit