Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Washer won't spin

I have a Whirlpool LSQ8220HQ0 top load washer that is about 6 years
old. Been working fine and then last night it was in process of
washing, and when the spin cycle came on, it was making a grinding
noise and no spin. The pump was working, cause it was pumping the
water out. I know this washer does not use belts, so I am thinking it
may be the gearcase...though I think there is some sort of clutch used
also.

Any suggestions on what it might be or what to look for? Can't make
it spin no matter what, loaded or unloaded.

Posted to alt.home.repair

i think its broke