Posted to alt.home.repair

Default aqua (bluish green) tint to water

We have a new house in the Ottawa area that is only 1 year old. We
have all PVC piping and we've noticed over the last several days that
we now have a greenish bluish tint to the water. We don't see the
tint in small cups of water but it's definitely noticeable when filing
up a bathtub. We have a standard water treatment (softner and carbon
filter) plus a chlorinator because we have high iron and sulfur in the
water.
Any idea what could be causing the bluish green tint in the water ?
Everything I've read says that it could be copper contamination but
that's almost impossible here since we have almost no copper except
for at the water treatment point only.
Thanks.