DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   aqua (bluish green) tint to water (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/204659-aqua-bluish-green-tint-water.html)

car crash June 24th 07 02:32 AM

aqua (bluish green) tint to water

We have a new house in the Ottawa area that is only 1 year old. We
have all PVC piping and we've noticed over the last several days that
we now have a greenish bluish tint to the water. We don't see the
tint in small cups of water but it's definitely noticeable when filing
up a bathtub. We have a standard water treatment (softner and carbon
filter) plus a chlorinator because we have high iron and sulfur in the
water.
Any idea what could be causing the bluish green tint in the water ?
Everything I've read says that it could be copper contamination but
that's almost impossible here since we have almost no copper except
for at the water treatment point only.
Thanks.

Rudy June 24th 07 11:13 PM

aqua (bluish green) tint to water

In Vancouver area, the "city" water comes from a lake up in the mountains
in North Vancouver. When I filled our hot tub, lo ! the water had a green
tinge to it !

Then I thought..what color is the water in the lake (before they send it
down the pipe)..

GREEN

Oren June 24th 07 11:27 PM

aqua (bluish green) tint to water

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:13:36 GMT, "Rudy"
wrote:

In Vancouver area, the "city" water comes from a lake up in the mountains
in North Vancouver. When I filled our hot tub, lo ! the water had a green
tinge to it !

Then I thought..what color is the water in the lake (before they send it
down the pipe)..

GREEN

We have a new house in the Ottawa area that is only 1 year old. We
have all PVC piping and we've noticed over the last several days that
we now have a greenish bluish tint to the water. We don't see the
tint in small cups of water but it's definitely noticeable when filing
up a bathtub.

I'm told the blue and greenish tint in a Glacier is actually oxygen.
Said to be cleaner than what we have today.

--
Oren