DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Filter choice (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/204371-filter-choice.html)

Tony Hwang June 21st 07 04:19 PM

Filter choice

Hi,
Now our home has a/c installed and it's been working well.
Could you suggest some good filters to use in the air handler?
Size is 14 x 25. Reusable or throw away type. I want to stock them
up.
TIA,
Tony

Phisherman June 21st 07 09:58 PM

Filter choice

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:19:22 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

Hi,
Now our home has a/c installed and it's been working well.
Could you suggest some good filters to use in the air handler?
Size is 14 x 25. Reusable or throw away type. I want to stock them
up.
TIA,
Tony

I noticed a reduction in the amount of dusting after changing from
throw-away to fiber reusable. The Hepa filters beat the throw-away
in removing dust but are much more expensive. If you can get a filter
that can be put thru your dishwasher and reused, I'd recommend that.
Whatever you select, use a clean filter monthly.