DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   install asphalt under rain ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/204193-install-asphalt-under-rain.html)

[email protected] June 19th 07 03:53 PM

install asphalt under rain ?

Hi !
My contractor wants to asphalt my driveway under the rain. I think it
doesn't make sense. Can somebody give me some advice on this?

Thanks

Edwin Pawlowski June 19th 07 04:12 PM

install asphalt under rain ?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi !
My contractor wants to asphalt my driveway under the rain. I think it
doesn't make sense. Can somebody give me some advice on this?

Thanks

I'm no expert, but I see road paving done in light to medium rain all the
time. Well, not all the time, they do it on sunny days to, but rain does
not seem to stop them.

RicodJour June 19th 07 04:23 PM

install asphalt under rain ?

wrote:
Hi !
My contractor wants to asphalt my driveway under the rain. I think it
doesn't make sense. Can somebody give me some advice on this?

Depends on the amount of rail, subsoil conditions (will there be
standing water), distance from the plant (will the asphalt still be
hot enough), when the rain starts, etc.

This from the Asphalt Institute: http://tinyurl.com/2tztuu

Pat June 19th 07 08:21 PM

install asphalt under rain ?

On Jun 19, 11:23 am, RicodJour wrote:
wrote:
Hi !
My contractor wants to asphalt my driveway under the rain. I think it
doesn't make sense. Can somebody give me some advice on this?

Depends on the amount of rail, subsoil conditions (will there be
standing water), distance from the plant (will the asphalt still be
hot enough), when the rain starts, etc.

This from the Asphalt Institute: http://tinyurl.com/2tztuu

It said you could as long as the rain isn't too hard. Fortunately,
around here we have very soft rain since the county installed an
atmospheric water softener a few years back. ;-)