Posted to alt.home.repair

Default install asphalt under rain ?

Hi !
My contractor wants to asphalt my driveway under the rain. I think it
doesn't make sense. Can somebody give me some advice on this?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi !
My contractor wants to asphalt my driveway under the rain. I think it
doesn't make sense. Can somebody give me some advice on this?

Thanks

I'm no expert, but I see road paving done in light to medium rain all the
time. Well, not all the time, they do it on sunny days to, but rain does
not seem to stop them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Hi !
My contractor wants to asphalt my driveway under the rain. I think it
doesn't make sense. Can somebody give me some advice on this?

Depends on the amount of rail, subsoil conditions (will there be
standing water), distance from the plant (will the asphalt still be
hot enough), when the rain starts, etc.

This from the Asphalt Institute: http://tinyurl.com/2tztuu

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

On Jun 19, 11:23 am, RicodJour wrote:
wrote:
Hi !
My contractor wants to asphalt my driveway under the rain. I think it
doesn't make sense. Can somebody give me some advice on this?

Depends on the amount of rail, subsoil conditions (will there be
standing water), distance from the plant (will the asphalt still be
hot enough), when the rain starts, etc.

This from the Asphalt Institute: http://tinyurl.com/2tztuu

It said you could as long as the rain isn't too hard. Fortunately,
around here we have very soft rain since the county installed an
atmospheric water softener a few years back. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

How can he PLAN to do that? Just wait until the rain stops.

--
Steve Barker

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi !
My contractor wants to asphalt my driveway under the rain. I think it
doesn't make sense. Can somebody give me some advice on this?

Thanks

Removing asphalt [email protected] Home Repair 4 February 1st 07 08:00 PM
Asphalt Drive Nick UK diy 2 September 4th 06 08:53 AM
RE Asphalt Driveway joe Home Repair 1 July 21st 06 10:15 PM
Asphalt siding Philip Lewis Home Repair 0 September 14th 04 01:21 PM
Asphalt Driveway PHroGman Home Repair 2 March 22nd 04 07:00 PM