Posted to alt.home.repair

Default scuffed hardwood floor

OK here's the situation:

Cleaning my hardwood floor...dragged sofa across floor and put scuff
marks on floor. Wood doesn't look damaged or scratched...grain is
intact.

Easy way to correct this?

Also...have 2 dogs and live in country...they run outdoors, through a
pond and bring the outdoors inside....I clean the floor with Murphy
oilsoap in water.

Any better ways to clean a floor?

Thanks all...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 16:40:16 -0700, aspasia wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 13:14:05 -0500, wrote:

OK here's the situation:

Cleaning my hardwood floor...dragged sofa across floor and put scuff
marks on floor. Wood doesn't look damaged or scratched...grain is
intact.

Easy way to correct this?

Also...have 2 dogs and live in country...they run outdoors, through a
pond and bring the outdoors inside....I clean the floor with Murphy
oilsoap in water.

Any better ways to clean a floor?

Thanks all...

I was always told not to use soap and water on hardwood.

There are many good wood cleaners on the market. On my shelf at the
moment are wood floor cleaners by Ace and Bruce. Others available.

Using key words "wood floor cleaning products" or similar, you
will find many Web sites with good tips about maintaining your
precious hardwood floor.

Aspasia

that's what I thought, too. murphy's oil soap, though, says it's for
use on hardwood floors and most cleaner have water in them. the
problem is cleaning very dirty floors where you need to solubilize the
dirt and lift it off th floor. most cleaners just lift it off and set
it down.

I've read quite a bit on this (not that it makes me an expect by any means)
and from what I gathered, no one recommends using Murphy's on hardwood
floors. I think the biggest issue is that Murphy's is wax, and hardwood
floors aren't finished with wax anymore.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 19:27:47 -0700, "Eigenvector"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
[...]

ah, very good. thanks for the info.

it seems to be easier to find what NOT to use than what to use. i
asked the folks at home depot and they looked at me like i'd asked
them a question in sanskrit.

i'd love to know what a good wide area cleaner is for hardwood floors.

Putting hardwood floor on top of hardwood floor CompleteNewb Home Repair 6 October 19th 07 03:52 PM
Finishing a hardwood floor Pat Barber Woodworking 0 February 14th 07 04:38 PM
Hardwood floor DIY Cheezits Home Repair 12 March 31st 06 03:20 AM
hardwood floor ? Fire&Ice Home Repair 8 February 2nd 05 04:04 PM
Hardwood Floor - High Spot in Floor Steve Johnson Home Repair 2 March 27th 04 10:58 PM