Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Porch lights on dimmer?

I have two coach lights on my porch that I'd like to put on a dimmer to
reduce their brightness. It's a small porch and even with 40w bulbs it is
pretty bright. Problem is we generally turn the lights on at dusk and off
at dawn and I was wondering what the life expectancy and risks might be of
using a dimmer. I know dimmers generate some heat.

I'd need to use a 3 way dimmer. The lights are controlled in the family
room and the laundry room, both switch locations are ganged, 3 in the family
room and 2 in the laundry.

Anyone ever do this?

Thanks for you input!

Mark

Recessed Lights to Pendant Lights Jim Jacobs Home Repair 3 April 15th 06 10:18 PM
fan dimmer John78785 Home Repair 8 February 13th 06 04:15 AM
Dimmer For LV Recessed Lights Dean Home Repair 3 August 4th 05 04:41 PM
Lights on Dimmer switch flicker from 2/3 to full [email protected] UK diy 5 March 18th 05 07:23 PM
Lights keep blowing the dimmer KS UK diy 23 March 5th 05 07:54 PM