DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   toilet makes shuddering sound (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/203738-toilet-makes-shuddering-sound.html)

Madx June 14th 07 04:23 PM

toilet makes shuddering sound

when it's flushed. It started a couple of weeks ago and I don't know what's
causing it. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

zxcvbob June 14th 07 04:38 PM

Madx wrote:
when it's flushed. It started a couple of weeks ago and I don't know what's
causing it. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

It's the pilot valve in the filler (I don't know what they call them
now.) That's why I went back to an old fashioned brass ballcock. They
shut off gently. (glad I bought it before copper prices went thru the roof)

You might just need to take the top off and clean the diaphragm that has
a little sand and grit trapped under it.

Bob