Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing stains from vinyl siding?

I have a rental property with vinyl siding. The siding is white and
is about 5 years old.
There is a light brown stain forming near the the outside light
fixture. Not sure what is causing it.

Any ideas on how to remove this stain and prevent it in the future?
I've tried Ajax with no success.

Thanks,
Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
http://OldRoads.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com,
OldRoads wrote:

I have a rental property with vinyl siding. The siding is white and
is about 5 years old.
There is a light brown stain forming near the the outside light
fixture. Not sure what is causing it.

Any ideas on how to remove this stain and prevent it in the future?
I've tried Ajax with no success.

Thanks,
Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
http://OldRoads.com

Could be a scorch from the light. If so I'd be surprised if you could
get it off. Might want to reduce that bulb wattage if that's it, though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 8, 1:37 pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article . com,

OldRoads wrote:
I have a rental property with vinyl siding. The siding is white and
is about 5 years old.
There is a light brown stain forming near the the outside light
fixture. Not sure what is causing it.

Any ideas on how to remove this stain and prevent it in the future?
I've tried Ajax with no success.

Thanks,
Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
http://OldRoads.com

Could be a scorch from the light. If so I'd be surprised if you could
get it off. Might want to reduce that bulb wattage if that's it, though.

It might be mold try bleach

Posted to alt.home.repair

In this same vein, I recently had my house power washed, and the
siding on the porch retained a distinct yellowish cast. It had
obviously been a LONG time since the siding was washed (if ever), and
the siding on the porch never even gets rained on. Any suggestions
for how to whiten this siding?

Jo Ann

On Jun 8, 2:43 pm, OldRoads wrote:
I have a rental property with vinyl siding. The siding is white and
is about 5 years old.
There is a light brown stain forming near the the outside light
fixture. Not sure what is causing it.

Any ideas on how to remove this stain and prevent it in the future?
I've tried Ajax with no success.

Thanks,
Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycleshttp://OldRoads.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:43:50 -0700, OldRoads
wrote:

I have a rental property with vinyl siding. The siding is white and
is about 5 years old.
There is a light brown stain forming near the the outside light
fixture. Not sure what is causing it.

Near the bulb or below the fixture?

Any ideas on how to remove this stain and prevent it in the future?
I've tried Ajax with no success.

Thanks,
Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
http://OldRoads.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 8, 6:42 pm, mm wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:43:50
wrote:

I have a rental property withvinylsiding. Thesidingis white and
is about 5 years old.
There is a light brownstainforming near the the outside light
fixture. Not sure what is causing it.

Near the bulb or below the fixture?

Any ideas on how to remove thisstainand prevent it in the future?
I've tried Ajax with no success.

Thanks,
Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
http://OldRoads.com- Hide quoted text -

The stain is all around the fixture, even above where the fixture
would cast light.
The bulb is a low-wattage fluorescent bulb.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com, OldRoads
says...

On Jun 8, 6:42 pm, mm wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:43:50
wrote:

I have a rental property withvinylsiding. Thesidingis white and
is about 5 years old.
There is a light brownstainforming near the the outside light
fixture. Not sure what is causing it.

Near the bulb or below the fixture?

Any ideas on how to remove thisstainand prevent it in the future?
I've tried Ajax with no success.

Thanks,
Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
http://OldRoads.com- Hide quoted text -

The stain is all around the fixture, even above where the fixture
would cast light.
The bulb is a low-wattage fluorescent bulb.

Bugs, maybe? Have you had it on at night?

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 10, 9:18 am, Banty wrote:
In article .com,OldRoads
says...

On Jun 8, 6:42 pm, mm wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:43:50
wrote:

I have a rental property withvinylsiding. Thesidingis white and
is about 5 years old.
There is a light brownstainforming near the the outside light
fixture. Not sure what is causing it.

Near the bulb or below the fixture?

Any ideas on how to remove thisstainand prevent it in the future?
I've tried Ajax with no success.

Thanks,
Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles
http://OldRoads.com-Hide quoted text -

The stain is all around the fixture, even above where the fixture
would cast light.
The bulb is a low-wattage fluorescent bulb.

Bugs, maybe? Have you had it on at night?

Banty- Hide quoted text -

The light is certainly on at night a lot.
There's a light on the side of the house, but that light does not have
the staining.
Could it be due to the fluorescent bulb?
Any more ideas on how to remove the stain? I have not yet tried
bleach.